Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Modules keep disappearing, Must restart to get back.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:50 am 

I'm a relatively new user of Winstep but have used Objectdock for years. I like this one better by far except for a couple of quirks.

I get it all set up like I want. Then, if I do pretty much anything, or when my computer sleeps (running Win 7 Home Pre on a pretty good laptop) the RAM and CPU modules disappear. The clock stays just fine. Then, if I go into the preferences, it shows them still running. If I close them and restart, all I get is a tiny square. The only way I get them back the way I want is to exit Xtreme, then start again. This is a pain.

Also, when starting up the computer, Winstep won't start by itself though I have it checked to load at startup. I have to click on its program in the native Start.

This is a pretty neat and great (when working right) program and I'm more than willing to get a paid version, but only if it will work right.

In case you're wondering, I don't think there's any conflict because I uninstalled Objectdock to try this.

Thx in advance for any help for the nube.

Post subject: Re: Modules keep disappearing, Must restart to get back.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 am 

I wanted to update this a little. The modules disappear when the computer sleeps, or when I click on the Nexustart (Start button replacement). They also will disappear if I change themes. The weird thing is, is that Winstep thinks they are still running. As noted before, the only way to make them run again is to close them all, exit Xtreme, restart Xtreme and then restart each module. Help?

Post subject: Re: Modules keep disappearing, Must restart to get back.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:52 am 

Hmmmmm, you should check your settings. Are you sure that the bump feature isn't activated?

If that isn't what the problem is, there are only a few other reasons.

1. A corrupted install of Winstep Xtreme.

2. Your antivirus and/or firewall is blocking something in Winstep Xtreme.

3. A program on your PC is causing a conflict.

4. You have malware on your PC.

5. Failing hard drive.

Check out this thread. Winstep Xtreme-Planet Background I linked it to the second page. Scroll down a little to get to Fri May 31, 2013. I compiled a list of settings for Winstep Xtreme that should help you. If you have problems understanding it, feel free to let me know.

BTW, you should also read from the very beginning as it might help you further.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]