Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus dock resizes automatically
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:41 am 

Hi all

I have installed Nexus Dock latest version.

At random times, it simply resizes for a second and goes back to original size. This is causing my applications to resize for that time, so a bit of a problem now.

I have tried changing the themes, but no luck.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of this issue?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Nexus dock resizes automatically
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know, this actually sounds like an issue caused by something else OTHER than Nexus.

Lets see, the dock should only resize automatically if the user selected icon size vs. number of items in it would make it extend beyond the screen width. In this case, it will automatically shrink the icon size to fit. That is not something that happens randomly but only when necessary.

You also mention that when the dock resizes for a second, so do other applications. This tells me whatever is happening has to do with the reserving screen space feature.

The dock can indeed reserve screen space *and* respect screen space reserved by other (3rd party) toolbars. I suspect the latter is what is making the dock automatically re-size itself, i.e.; another toolbar does something that changes the screen area available to the Nexus dock, Nexus resizes accordingly to respect this (and so do the other applications), then the toolbar resets the change.

So, to test for this, open Nexus Preferences, go to the Position tab. At the bottom, is 'Respect space reserved by other docks, toolbars and screen objects' enabled? Disable it if so and then see if this causes the dock to stop randomly resizing itself.

Also, is 'Prevent maximized windows from overlaping the dock' enabled?

Finally, if you could provide a screenshot of your desktop with Nexus visible that would be great too, to help me understand better what might be happening.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]