Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Bump Feature in Xtreme No Longer Works
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:01 pm 

My right bump and corner bumps no longer work after the recent update. I restarted the PC, changed the bump settings and then put it back but no luck.

The only bump settings that work are as follows.

1. Top screen bump for WorkShelf.

2. Right bump ONLY WORKS FOR RIGHT DOCK not for the modules and left dock associated with it.

3. Bottom dock bump.

4. Left bump for left dock.

Here's the thread that shows all of my settings. It starts at Fri May 31, 2013 9:44 am viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4530&start=15

Full thread from beginning. Winstep Xtreme-Planet Background

Post subject: Re: Bump Feature in Xtreme No Longer Works
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just docked a dock to the left edge of the screen, associated it with a top right corner bump and it worked as it should.

Same when I set the activation method to 'bump right screen edge'.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally change the new 'Maximum travel distance' setting for Screen Bumps?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:59 pm 

No, I don't know where that setting is. How do get to that setting?

I'm wondering if updating it somehow corrupted the program since I can't get the bumps to work even after changing them and putting them back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:58 am 

Jorge, no solutions? I was about to try to use an old Xtreme settings backup I have on an external hard drive but couldn't remember the file name. I clicked on Backup in Nexus Preferences and found it and then searched and found the old file on my external.

I then went to the path where it's supposed to be copied to and then noticed something that says Rollback and it appears to be on the same date I updated.

How do I properly use that function and will it restore my settings? If it works, I will backup the settings this time and try again.

BTW, if I try again and it still doesn't work, will I be able to rollback again in case using the backup doesn't work?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy, calm down. Nothing is corrupted. :)

The setting I mentioned can be found in WorkShelf Preferences -> General tab -> Edge Bump Settings.

Also, what screen DPI are you using?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:18 pm 

My DPI settings are set at 125%.

Also, when I right bottom corner bump, my browser minimizes. :shock: :?:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:16 pm 

Hi Jorge, I still haven't been able to get it to work. Did you try all of my bump settings to see if they work on your PC with the latest update?

winstep wrote:
Windy, calm down. Nothing is corrupted. :)

I'm trying :lol: It isn't easy to use a PC without the full power of Xtreme. Is it a bug? It's terrible to have to minimize everything when I need to access my modules, and even worse, my corner bumps don't work at all so I have to access those folders the old-fashioned way.

Honestly, it's hard for me to imagine someone using a PC without Xtreme, or at least one of the other Winstep products. It makes things so much easier and fun.

If you can't reproduce the problem I'm having and find a solution, please let me know how to properly use the Rollback feature so I can again fully enjoy Xtreme.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry for my lack of reply, Windy... I can't reproduce the problem here and nobody else is complaining either.

Can you please send me a backup of your WorkShelf settings to the Winstep support address?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:39 pm 

I just sent it. I just thought about it. I'll send the NextSTART ones too just in case using both together causes the problem.

Maybe after using my full setup you'll like and switch yours to mine! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:53 pm 

Jorge, did you get my reply e-mail to the support address I sent 4 days ago about this issue?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy, I need you to send me a backup of the *WorkShelf* settings, as I asked, since the problem seems to be in WorkShelf, not NextSTART?

You only sent me a backup of the NextSTART settings.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:35 pm 

Hi Jorge, I did send the WorkShelf backup (wsbackup.wbk) settings. In fact, I sent those first. I have no idea why you didn't receive it. I can see it in my Sent e-mail folder.

I'll resend it now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 pm 

Jorge, you haven't posted anything about the wsbackup.wbk file I resent to you. Any luck with finding why the settings no longer work?

BTW, I haven't mentioned it until now...but I updated mine before others had the opportunity to do so that purchased Winstep Xtreme with my recommendation, and I immediately contacted them after I saw my settings no longer worked and told them not to update until I find out what's going on because I set up theirs EXACTLY the same as mine. Oh, with one exception, one of them has a different deskttop background.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:11 am 

I have some new info that should get to the bottom of why part of my bump feature no longer works that will hopefully lead to a solution to fix the problem.

Out of the blue I thought about going into NextSTART settings > Hotspot tab >clicked on one of my folders that is activated by Bumping Bottom Right Screen Corner > clicked on Edit > then ticked the box Perform this action when NextSTART runs > Next > Next > Done > Apply > Okay.

I closed (via Nexus Control Icon on the dock) Winstep Xtreme, then reopened it via the desktop icon.

The Context Menu for the folder opened as it should when Xtreme restarted. I tested the bump and it hides as long as I hold the cursor in the right bottom corner. If I move it, the Context Menu shows.

I then decided to add another non-working folder with the above settings that uses a corner bump and the Context Menu didn't show upon restart.

Now here comes the part I think that is probably the reason my corner bumps and my right side bump no longer works.

I went back and set all 4 corner bumps to: *Perform this action when NextSTART runs* closed and reopened, they didn't work and I got the following error message. Jorge, is this the clue you need to figure out the problem?

Attachment:
WorkShelf Incompatible Version.jpg
WorkShelf Incompatible Version.jpg [ 14.46 KiB | Viewed 29853 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry for the late reply, been terribly busy with the next release.

Again... I could not reproduce here.

I set up corner hotspots associated to folder menus, set them to auto-run and they all popped up ok. The only issue was that each new menu closed the previous one, but that was to be expected since they belonged to the same group and thus mutually exclusive. Defining a different group to each hotspot made them all stay on the screen at the same time.

As for the WorkShelf warning... that will only happen if WorkShelf is not running (or is currently starting up) and you create a hotspot in NextSTART associated to an internal command that sends a command to WorkShelf, e.g.; 'Show/Hide Desktop Modules','Bring WorkShelf Forward', etc, or click the 'Make tab from Folder' option in a NextSTART folder item context menu.

There is no other way for you to get that message, and it is completely unrelated to the issue you have been complaining about.

The problem, Windy, is that I am starting to feel like I'm wasting a lot of time on wild goose chases. I can't reproduce any of the hotspot activation problems you mentioned so far.

The only good thing is that I found (and fixed) a small bug that prevented hotspot info from displaying the updated information when editing the very last hotspot (or creating a new hotspot).

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next