Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Is it possible to minmize the windows to the DOCK?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:07 am 

Hello;
i am just curious to know that is it possible to minimize the apps like my computer,firefox,photoshop etc to the dock and restore them from the dock not from the taskbar?
if yes than how can i do that?

Post subject: Re: Is it possible to minmize the windows to the DOCK?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Open the dock properties dialog and in the 'Contents' tab enable the 'Minimize windows to the dock' setting.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:56 am 

there is no any option available in the properties diag, see the screenshot below

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

askfriends wrote:
there is no any option available in the properties diag, see the screenshot below

The only reason you're not seeing it is because you're running an older version of Nexus. Current version is v16.6, but that feature was actually added in v16.2 (and in between we've had the v16.3 and v16.5 releases). So, whatever version you're running, it's older than this.

You can check which version you're running in the top right corner of the About tab in Nexus Preferences.

Now please don't take this the wrong way, but given the above perhaps you could shed some light on something that always puzzled me: I get *a lot* of uninstall surveys from people running really old versions of Nexus (e.g. versions released in 2012, i.e.; over four years ago).

Now, I know most if not all of those really old versions of Nexus were downloaded from non-official channels (e.g.; links to MegaUpload and sites like that) instead of directly from Winstep.net or reputable download sites, but...

... Nexus has an Update Manager that can check periodically for new versions and let you know when one is available. It could do this from the very first release. It also has links to the official Winstep web site on the About tab of Preferences, links that you can actually click on.

So why on earth do some people apparently choose to turn automatic updates off - or to never update their software to the latest version?

I really peeves me when I get complaints about Nexus lacking a feature that was actually added YEARS ago, or bugs that were fixed long ago too. :roll:

EDIT: Just noticed you're not running the free version of Nexus, but either Nexus Ultimate or Winstep Xtreme. What I wrote above still applies.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:03 am 

winstep wrote:
askfriends wrote:

The only reason you're not seeing it is because you're running an older version of Nexus. Current version is v16.6, but that feature was actually added in v16.2 (and in between we've had the v16.3 and v16.5 releases). So, whatever version you're running, it's older than this......

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok. I have no idea what you are running, but whatever that is, it's not the *legit* version of Nexus Ultimate v16.6.

This is what you should be seeing:

Now, here is what I know so far:

1. There is no trial version of Nexus Ultimate. So, to be running Nexus Ultimate you must either have purchased it *or* you're running a pirated version.

2. I can't find your email address on our database of registered users. If you are indeed a legit registered user, please PM me here or email the Winstep support address with the email address and/or user name you used when you purchased Nexus Ultimate.

3. The red square in the About tab should display your registration information. It's blank on your screenshot. Why?

Not difficult to figure out what I am thinking at this point and why, is it? But I will refrain from saying anything else until I hear back from you.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's now been 9 days since my last post with no reply from you, even though I can see you last visited the forums after I wrote the above.

I think it's obvious what is happening here: you're running a pirated/cracked version of Nexus Ultimate.

It sincerely boggles my mind that crackers are now resorting to changing version numbers to make pirate users think they're running the latest and greatest when they're really not. Kind of makes me wonder what else they are adding to the code.

Look, the FREE version of Nexus is already better than any other dock out there and it keeps getting better. Run that if you can't afford/don't want to pay for Nexus Ultimate - otherwise you are truly *stealing* from me.

No, you're not stealing a physical thing, but you ARE stealing my time and my hard work. Those are not for you unless you pay for them.

How would you feel if you worked for someone else and, at the end of the month, they refused to pay your just wages? They benefited from your hard work and gave you nothing in return. That was not the agreement. How are you going to eat now? How are you going to pay your bills? How are you going to feed your family?

Like the prodigal son, you can make up for it and still be welcome with open arms. Just do the right thing and actually buy the damn software! :) I will get my deserved benefit, and, guess what, so will you (or at least the ability to minimize windows to the dock)! :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]