Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Problema para actualizar
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:03 pm 

Hola soy nuevo en el foro aunque compre el software en diciembre y tengo un problema para actualizar a la versión 20.4 cuando le doy a actualizar me salta el aviso siguiente "Esta actualización solo se puede instalar sobre una versión existente de Winstep Xtreme.Para descargar la versión completa, visite el sitio web en http://www.winstep.net si alguien puede ayudarme se lo agradeceria un saludo

Post subject: Re: Problema para actualizar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try re-installing Winstep Xtreme again **ON TOP** of your existing installation (i.e. do NOT uninstall anything first, simply exit Winstep Xtreme and run the v20.10 setup application).

It's not necessary but if you want you can make a backup of your settings first (WorkShelf Preferences -> Advanced tab -> Backup, NextSTART -> Advanced tab -> Backup). Once the setup application has finished and you are running Xtreme, try checking for updates again.

My guess is that you ran a Registry Cleaner of some kind in the past and that wiped out needed values in the Registry. That's one of the reasons why I am definitely not a fan of Registry Cleaners, more often than not they do more harm than good.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:41 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

AYLLON wrote:
Hola soy nuevo en el foro aunque compre el software en diciembre y tengo un problema para actualizar a la versión 20.4 cuando le doy a actualizar me salta el aviso siguiente "Esta actualización solo se puede instalar sobre una versión existente de Winstep Xtreme.Para descargar la versión completa, visite el sitio web en http://www.winstep.net si alguien puede ayudarme se lo agradeceria un saludo

According to DuckDuckGo's online/onsite translation :

Hi I'm new to the forum even though I bought the software in December and I have a problem upgrading to version 20.4 when I give it to update I skip the following notice "This update can only be installed on top of an existing version of Winstep Xtreme.To download the full version, visit the website at http://www.winstep.net if anyone can help me I would appreciate a greeting

That's for those of us who speak Espanol like a French cow. ;)

It's not really clear to me if there's actually any kind of problem here?

:Edit: Bummer, read properly nexter! ;) Anyway.... :/Edit: - nexter

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:

:D :D :D :P

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:58 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
nexter wrote:

:D :D :D :P

:lol:

Problem? What problem? / Problema? Que problema? :P :P 8)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:48 am 

Hola el problema era que no me dejaba actualizar pero gracias a la explicación
de PASO GANADOR se ha solucionado muchas gracias no volveré a usar ningún limpiador
de registro jajaja asi que como dije problema solucionado sois espectaculares de nuevo muchas gracias un saludo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:36 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

AYLLON wrote:
Hola el problema era que no me dejaba actualizar pero gracias a la explicación
de PASO GANADOR se ha solucionado muchas gracias no volveré a usar ningún limpiador
de registro jajaja asi que como dije problema solucionado sois espectaculares de nuevo muchas gracias un saludo

OK we got that, but as this is basically an English language board, it would be only common courtesy if non-English speakers would post an English machine translation alongside their native language - there are plenty of free of charge online translation services available.

The simplest, easiest (and non-privacy invasive) one of these is on the DuckDuckGo search engine - just search for 'online translation' and it's right at the top of the page. Very quick and pretty decent translations. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:39 am 

Okey muchas gracias por todo el problema se soluciono y en los proximos post
pondré traduccion al ingles gracias también por aclararme esto también porque no
lo sabia un saludo a todos....

Ok thank you very much for all the problem is solved and in the next post I will put translation into English thanks also for clarifying this also because I did not know greetings to all

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:43 am 

Ok thank you very much for all the problem is solved and in the next post
I will put an English translation, thanks also for clarifying this for me, also why not?
I knew greetings to all....

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]