Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: the 5-day weather forecast no longer works.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:19 pm 

Hi there...
I have noticed since the end of December 2022, the 5-day weather forecast no longer works.
They are still without icon and unassigned...
Is there a solution to this problem...
I occasionally post my latest "Wednesday" theme which shows the unassigned 5 day weather icons...

Attachment:
Screen Wednesday 04.jpg
Screen Wednesday 04.jpg [ 412.22 KiB | Viewed 3572 times ]

Cordially...
Picco14.

Post subject: Re: the 5-day weather forecast no longer works.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:58 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Picco14 wrote:
Hi there...
I have noticed since the end of December 2022, the 5-day weather forecast no longer works.
They are still without icon and unassigned...
Is there a solution to this problem...
I occasionally post my latest "Wednesday" theme which shows the unassigned 5 day weather icons...

I've been popping into Windows 10 (mostly run Linux, esp. also for going online) a fair bit the last week or two, when I've been able to use a computer, and let the Weather module run. Same result here. It's the MSN feed that's again totally up the creek - no solution to that, alas. :|

Nicely gothic theme! :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Weather module had a ton of backup weather feeds, METAR, Google, Yahoo, Weather Channel and MSN.

Over time most of the feeds became inaccessible, except for METAR (which only provides current weather conditions over the major airports in the world) and MSN.

MSN is the last remaining feed that still provides a forecast, but has been acting up a lot lately. I actually thought that too had gone the way of the dodo last week, but it seems to be back now - let's see if it lasts.

When that is gone... not sure I can bring the weather module back.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
The Weather module had a ton of backup weather feeds, METAR, Google, Yahoo, Weather Channel and MSN.

Over time most of the feeds became inaccessible, except for METAR (which only provides current weather conditions over the major airports in the world) and MSN.

MSN is the last remaining feed that still provides a forecast, but has been acting up a lot lately. I actually thought that too had gone the way of the dodo last week, but it seems to be back now - let's see if it lasts.

When that is gone... not sure I can bring the weather module back.

Well, it worked for a few days.... Today, it didn't at all at first, then forecast came in a while later after pressing get weather again.

Would be a bit of a pity to lose the weather mod altogether, but personally I wouldn't normally use it at all anyway. That said, I do have an extension under Linux that gives me current conditions and 1-day forecast (and all reasonably accurate for my location), but even then I'm not really fussed. Don't understand at all why people get so obsessed about the weather anyway. And in any case, thanks to the climate catastrophe it's pretty unpredictable now anyway, it can change in a few hours. Waste of time worrying about it.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]