Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:15 am 

My only request I mentioned a long time ago. Not even sure I put it here other than a PM discussion...

Animated modules with a Show/Hide animations like the Show/Hide modules icon.

It opens up a uniqueness in my opinion. While Windows continues to stifle developers by not telling them what they disbanded, if the modules show and work, it would probably have to be contained within the module itself. It would open up a whole new batch of graphical possibilities though.
I know the *.png Wanda replacement but move past that. Individual animation allowances, not fixed and not just png.

Just putting it out there :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:53 pm 

Hello.
Do you consider adding a feature that allows Nexus to distinguish between more than one instance of the same application installed in different folders? That issue was discussed a couple of years ago. It would be great progress for people like me who use multiple portable instances of the same program simultaneously. For example, multiple web browsers/graphic platforms for different tasks/projects and in many other different scenarios. It seems Nexus identifies the application only by its name. Why not add identification by path as well? With that feature people like me could hide or completely get rid of the awkward windows taskbar. Now I can use Nexus for starting applications but not for switching between them and I'm forced to use the windows taskbar which occupies to much desktop space.
Thanks for your great job!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All you need to do is press the SHIFT key while left clicking the application in the dock, this will by-pass the 'do not launch multiple sessions of the same application' setting.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:16 pm 

Great! Thanks.
What about adding a checkbox/option in "Dock Entry Properties" which would force the Nexus to bypass the 'do not launch multiple sessions of the same application' setting for that Entry without pressing the SHIFT key? I mean an option that reverses the setting: holding SHIFT (or better CTRL) lunch another session and not holding SHIFT does not lunch another session.
Most of my apps on the Nexus doc are running as a single instance but some are always running as multiple instances.

A similar suggestion = a perfect solution ;) You created a "Show running applications section" on the doc. On that part, Nexus should restore/bring forward the running application. Unfortunately, it does not work with my Windows 10. When I click on any icon for some application the corresponding window is brought for a second and hidden again and some applications do not react at all. But, is that possible to add such functionality for the first half of the doc which contains the regular shortcuts? Nexus shows which application is running = Nexus knows which application is running. It would be great if in "Dock Entry Properties" or as a general rule in preferences I can decide what Nexus should do when I left-click on the running Entry. For me, in most cases Nexus should bring the running application in front and not to try rerun it. Most bigger applications need a lot of time to be rerun = switching between applications using Nexus takes a long time. Some applications do not respond at all when their icon are clicked when they run. I use a lot of portable apps and some of them invoke the error "another instance of X is already running" instead of bringing the window in front. Is that a technical/windows problem to implement such functionality?

Post subject: Option to disable elevated privileges confirmation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:04 pm 

I have found the Nexus dock awesome for applications I need to run with elevated privileges. I turn off Nexus from starting on Startup. I have an icon on my desktop set to run it as Administrator. This prompts me for my admin credentials which I then enter.

Since the dock is running with my admin user context, (almost) any app it launches runs in admin mode with my elevated credentials. Awesome! No more entering my admin credentials every time I need to run something requiring an admin!!! And, since it is just using my elevated user context, Nexus doesn't have any access to my admin password making it more secure than if I provided my admin credentials to it.

I have dock icons setup for Task Manager, CMD, PowerShell, Chrome, Services, Control Panel, Edit Local Users and Groups, and even a URL pointing to a cloud that requires my admin account.

One slight inconvenience though is that when I start up Nexus with my icon set to run as administrator I get a confirmation prompt. See the attachment. I sure wish there was an option in the settings where I could prevent that prompt from appearing!

Thanks for a great tool already. I don't know if you promote this usage of Nexus. If you don't, you're missing a great opportunity for it with all the security stuff requiring running things as an admin these days.

Attachments:
NeXuS Elevated Privileges Confirmation.png
NeXuS Elevated Privileges Confirmation.png [ 11.2 KiB | Viewed 338205 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:47 am 

I desperately want nexus dock to have the ability to import backup files via command prompt script cmd. It doesnt matter if there is no command for backup creation. But i consider resoration via command prompt a neccessity. Kindly condsider this request dear winstep devs.

Last edited by aadilmode on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:51 am 

i would also like to have a feature that gives the option to not show the uac admin restriction as shown in a previous comment in this forum. Or give the option to hide the box or make it silent as an extra configuration for nexus as i find it annoying sometimes. this is a wish not a request. So it doesnt matter if its not implemented. But it would be a great addition to have.

Post subject: internal command suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:17 am 

it would be really cool if WSX had a way to rapidly switch audio input/output. Im thinking a menu or a shelf with all the audio I/O and just clicking out it switches it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:40 pm 

Any chance we can get an icon browser similar to how rocketdock/objectdock has? It would be nice to be able to point to a bunch of folders and have them all easy to select on the fly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:57 pm 

I would like to have the possibility of opening a Grid Stack the size of a fully expanded window, and being able to adjust the size of the icons without affecting the size of the Grid Stack Window. Something similar to the program XLaunchPad with an expanded window instead of being full screen.

I have a Hotspot that opens a Grid Stack by bumping the top left screen corner. If I change the icon size the Grid Stack window changes size also.

I know I can use the XLaunchPad program and Winstep Xtreme together, but the quality of the icons and fonts displayed in Winstep Xtreme is superior to those in XLaunchPad. I also like the sounds Winstep Xtreme makes.

I would definitely renew my license for that feature.

It would also be nice to have a Theme Builder available as a separate download for an additional cost. Maybe we would see some interest in themes again. You could take a survey to judge interest and pricing. I would be willing to spend $25.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nezbit wrote:
I would like to have the possibility of opening a Grid Stack the size of a fully expanded window, and being able to adjust the size of the icons without affecting the size of the Grid Stack Window. Something similar to the program XLaunchPad with an expanded window instead of being full screen.

I have a Hotspot that opens a Grid Stack by bumping the top left screen corner. If I change the icon size the Grid Stack window changes size also.

I know I can use the XLaunchPad program and Winstep Xtreme together, but the quality of the icons and fonts displayed in Winstep Xtreme is superior to those in XLaunchPad. I also like the sounds Winstep Xtreme makes.

I would definitely renew my license for that feature.

It would also be nice to have a Theme Builder available as a separate download for an additional cost. Maybe we would see some interest in themes again. You could take a survey to judge interest and pricing. I would be willing to spend $25.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the icon size and grid stack size are inextricably linked. Nothing to be done about that, and it really wouldn't make any sense IMO.

A Theme Builder is sort of "under construction" and in the meantime it's 'the thing that must not be named'. ;) (We'll probably have to wait until Jorge gets too bored watching his navel or something.... ;) :P )

On the serious side, a 'thing that must not be named' is seriously needed IMO, and yes it might encourage more theme creation. Which is something I think we're in dire need of - new themes, and for that matter, more modern and professional-looking themes. Preferably somewhat minimalist in approach, especially also wrt wallpapers. (I *hate* fussy walls with everything including the kitchen sink on them, whether graphic or photographic. All far too distracting and getting in the way.)

As for paying for this, be careful what you wish for! ;) Might just start a poll on that - not that I'd expect too many people here to be arsed to vote, if form is anything to go by. :(

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:28 pm 

In Nexus Ultimate v22.07.1159, there are internal commands for "Media Volume Up" and "Media Volume Down". Could you add "Media Volume Mute"? It would be great if it could act as a toggle, but I could live with it if it only turns audio off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:25 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

LiquidDuctTape wrote:
In Nexus Ultimate v22.07.1159, there are internal commands for "Media Volume Up" and "Media Volume Down". Could you add "Media Volume Mute"? It would be great if it could act as a toggle, but I could live with it if it only turns audio off.

Although I never use the media play myself, I concur, a 'Mute' toggle would be useful and logical to have. Perhaps should have been there from the beginning, actually! :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LiquidDuctTape wrote:

Added a new 'Media Mute' internal command for next release.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SimplexDesigns wrote:
Any chance we can get an icon browser similar to how rocketdock/objectdock has? It would be nice to be able to point to a bunch of folders and have them all easy to select on the fly.

You can't do that but you can do better: open those folders in Explorer and then just drag & drop those PNG and/or ICO images from the folder to the destination items/icons. The Winstep application will interpret dropping an ICO, PNG or TIF file over an item on the dock as you wanting to use that image file to customize/change that item's icon.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next