Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Brazilian price!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:21 am 

Goodnight!
Is everyone okay?

I've been using Winstep Nexus for more or less 2 years now. I really liked the multiple docks feature of the ultimate version, but the price for Brazil is a bit out of our reality. Could you study a way to get a price consistent with the reality of our currency? Thanks!

PS: Sorry for the mistakes, use Google Translate to help me here hehe

Post subject: Re: Brazilian price!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:16 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MasterLokito wrote:
Goodnight!
Is everyone okay?

I've been using Winstep Nexus for more or less 2 years now. I really liked the multiple docks feature of the ultimate version, but the price for Brazil is a bit out of our reality. Could you study a way to get a price consistent with the reality of our currency? Thanks!

Prices are as stated, with renewals only around half price. These prices are already far too low.

Of course, 'The Big Guy' has the final say. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:55 pm 

nexter wrote:
MasterLokito wrote:
Goodnight!
Is everyone okay?

Prices are as stated, with renewals only around half price. These prices are already far too low.

Hello! How are you?
Yes, the price is low compared to the purchasing power of the dollar.
But for example, here in Brazil, the price of the Winstep Nexus Ultimate would be enough to buy lunch and dinner for about 6 days!
That's the reality here :(
So, if "The Big Guy" sees this post, he should think carefully about the possibility of a good price for us...even though he's the only Brazilian coming to ask for this here haha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:16 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MasterLokito wrote:
nexter wrote:

Hello! How are you?
But for example, here in Brazil, the price of the Winstep Nexus Ultimate would be enough to buy lunch and dinner for about 6 days!
So, if "The Big Guy" sees this post, he should think carefully about the possibility of a good price for us...even though he's the only Brazilian coming to ask for this here haha

In terms of most of the western industrialised world the price is *too* low at the moment. In most European countries, it would not buy a half decent dinner for one! We happen to be in Europe, and Winstep's sole coder, owner, and admin of this board has to make a living. If he does not, then there won't be any Winstep and any Winstep apps, end of story.

Setting lower prices for countries that are struggling a bit just is not something that is feasible and would put most businesses very quickly out of business, especially small businesses like Winstep. Also, make one exception, and very quickly everyone else wants low prices. It's just not the way business works.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:11 pm 

nexter wrote:
MasterLokito wrote:
nexter wrote:

Hello! How are you?

In terms of most of the western industrialised world the price is *too* low at the moment. In most European countries, it would not buy a half decent dinner for one! We happen to be in Europe, and Winstep's sole coder, owner, and admin of this board has to make a living. If he does not, then there won't be any Winstep and any Winstep apps, end of story.

Setting lower prices for countries that are struggling a bit just is not something that is feasible and would put most businesses very quickly out of business, especially small businesses like Winstep. Also, make one exception, and very quickly everyone else wants low prices. It's just not the way business works.

Hello.
Please explain how including less fortunate countries could harm business.
If there is probably no (or little) revenue coming from these countries, wouldn't lowering the price and making them more attractive and having some kind of advertising partnership (Youtubers, Steam) make the program more visible and attractive even with a different price for other countries?

To a popular saying here:
De grão em grão a galinha enche o papo.
Little by little the bird builds its nest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:48 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MasterLokito wrote:
nexter wrote:

Hello.
Please explain how including less fortunate countries could harm business.
If there is probably no (or little) revenue coming from these countries, wouldn't lowering the price and making them more attractive and having some kind of advertising partnership (Youtubers, Steam) make the program more visible and attractive even with a different price for other countries?

To a popular saying here:
De grão em grão a galinha enche o papo.
Little by little the bird builds its nest.

LOL! You obviously have absolutely zero understanding of how business works, or how capitalism works.

When you're selling a product - any product, and software is a product - below a price where it makes a sustainable return on the cost to produce it, inc. the investment in time and effort etc., then you soon get into financial difficulty, simple. You will no longer have a viable business. End of story. You simply cannot have differential pricing for different markets.

No further time to waste on a fruitless discussion like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]