Winstep

Software Technologies


 Winstep Forums


Print view
Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Using Winstep with Deskscapes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 861
Just a community info thread. It doesn't need much other than they work well together. I put four images below. This is for people who may wish to try animated desktops.

It is one of very few Stardock apps I own. I do like pushing winstep to see what it can handle....as follows...

The BIG FYI - I ran Cubase with a full orchestral score and more than 64 instruments in audio with the CPU, GPU and RAM working overtime. Then while rendering to a two-track 48kHz audio wav file in real-time which uses a lot of processing, I purposely opened Winstep.
Winstep did not bat an eyelid and Cubase chugged along with the resulting stereo audio having no glitches.

Summary I am yet to find something that does not work with Winstep and it has a relatively small footprint. I did the math for running with Cubase because I looked at the usage. In a 128GB Ram system it used less than 0.03% of ALL resources in total.

Winstep Themes tested:
Scenery
Neon transit
Aurora Borealis
Halloween


Attachment:
Winstep with Deskscapes.jpg
Winstep with Deskscapes.jpg [ 375.86 KiB | Viewed 2786 times ]

Attachment:
Winstep with Deskscapes2.jpg
Winstep with Deskscapes2.jpg [ 338.59 KiB | Viewed 2786 times ]

Attachment:
Winstep with Deskscapes3.jpg
Winstep with Deskscapes3.jpg [ 267.14 KiB | Viewed 2786 times ]

Attachment:
Winstep with Deskscapes4.jpg
Winstep with Deskscapes4.jpg [ 257.87 KiB | Viewed 2786 times ]

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Using Winstep with Deskscapes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 12:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 13470
Richieavies wrote:
Thanks for sharing the resource usage data with Deskscapes and Cubase. Have you noticed any impact on GPU temperatures or micro-stuttering during long rendering sessions?


I smell a rat... I mean, a bot... :evil:

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
https://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Using Winstep with Deskscapes
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:55 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Posts: 3347
Location: Nowhere Land
winstep wrote:
Richieavies wrote:
Thanks for sharing the resource usage data with Deskscapes and Cubase. Have you noticed any impact on GPU temperatures or micro-stuttering during long rendering sessions?


I smell a rat... I mean, a bot... :evil:

Reeks of it... :twisted:

_________________
nexter - so, what's next?


Stop The World! I Want To Get Off!


Back to top
 Profile  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 208 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: