Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Fonts not changing color
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:53 pm 

Ok. I just downloaded Nexus yesterday and upgraded to the Ultimate. So current version.

I'm trying to change the original dock installed with the product and for the life of me I cannot figure out what's wrong.

I go to the shelf and edit the fonts. I change all the font for active, inactive, items, etc. I set ALL of them to have a color. I click OK. I click apply. The silly arrow points at things but nothing ever changes.

On my large monitor these fonts are too small to read and the white color on my light background makes them almost completely invisible. So, I changed their size and color. When I go back into those settings, sometimes the color and font changes I made still show up indicating I should be seeing what I set. But the actual dock itself, never changes.

What am I missing?

Please don't be a jerk like some forums are telling me to read the f manual or calling me names. I don't have time for this. If I can't get this working in an hour I need a refund because I have work that needs to be done and this should be a tool to make my life easier not require me to do tons of research to change one stupid font.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: New User Question: Drawers vs Shelves
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:11 pm 

Well I'm with the original poster. I don't understand the difference either and I read the page mentioned and that didn't make it clear either. Other than a drawer can't have a tab and a shelf can. That's not very helpful. In fact, so far, this "tool" has been more frustrating than helpful and I write software for a living.

I've changed the fonts 4 times now. Apply them, looks fine, next time I click on the dock the fonts are back to their original white, small can't see them at all size and color.

I found another place to change the fonts. Changed that, looked fine, same thing happened. Changes don't stay. Clicking ok, apply, etc. doesn't seem to save the changes made.

Surely there is a place to report these issues other than this form that so far just seems "snarky".

Post subject: Re: Fonts not changing color
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Whilst I don't want to pre-empt what 'Da Bossman' might have to say - in the first place, as BMT Micro are the actual people you bought Ultimate from and they are the one who would have to issue any refund, I don't think they'd be inclined to do so as you have no valid reason to request one. Secondly, I personally certainly would not consider giving a refund under the circumstances, especially given your arrogant posts.

One really has to wonder who's a jerk here. If you don't have time to properly get to know and learn an app, you should not get it in the first place. And you certainly should not go storming into an app's forum playing a diva and practically demanding all kinds of completely unreasonable things including instant solutions. Get real, get a life.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Fonts not changing color
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

smsdavis wrote:
On my large monitor these fonts are too small to read and the white color on my light background makes them almost completely invisible

Ok, so the fonts, font sizes, etc, are defined by the current theme. Normally to change fonts you would have to change that theme's configuration files and reload the theme, but that 'Fonts' dialog was added as a user convenience.

This said, since the application allows you to mix and match themes, this might be where your confusion is coming from (and I admit things might be a little buggy too, as I haven't re-tested these options in a long while). There are also several places you can change the fonts from (e.g. for the theme applied to the current shelf via the Appearance tab of that shelf's Properties dialog) or for the main theme via the Fonts button in the Themes tab of Preferences.

Winstep applications are very powerful and extremely customizable (that is actually the point of Windows customization software), but this comes at a price of a steeper learning curve. The rewards are worth the effort though, IMO.

Since your real issue is that the fonts are too small to read on your monitor, why don't you just instead increase the scaling of your shelves? Go to the Shelf Properties dialog for each Shelf, Appearance tab, increase the Shelf Scaling via the slider at the bottom.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]