Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: CANNOT REGISTER SOFTWARE
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad you got it working! :D

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:21 pm 

Sorry but it stopped working. All that shows up are the nexus dock, and the weather, and cpu modules. No outlander nextstart nor workshelf. what gives? I even tried a restart.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:54 pm 

Hi, I'm having the same problem where it just says my key is corrupt. It's been like this for quite some time now to the point that I forgot about the software. However it should still have a few months left.

I've made sure to delete whatever keys were in the licence folder. I've made sure I have ultimate installed (purchased ultimate license).

I've emailed support twice for this, once six months ago or so, and once a week ago, but never received a response. I tried to get a refund from the billing company (BT Micro or something) but was told it's been too long (even though my license hasn't even run out yet and I messaged them about the problem a long time ago).

What gives? Are you trying to scam us?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

psilosyn wrote:
Hi, I'm having the same problem where it just says my key is corrupt. It's been like this for quite some time now to the point that I forgot about the software. However it should still have a few months left.

I've made sure to delete whatever keys were in the licence folder. I've made sure I have ultimate installed (purchased ultimate license).

I've emailed support twice for this, once six months ago or so, and once a week ago, but never received a response. I tried to get a refund from the billing company (BT Micro or something) but was told it's been too long (even though my license hasn't even run out yet and I messaged them about the problem a long time ago).

What gives? Are you trying to scam us?

You really should not be posting to such an ancient thread but instead start a new one.

That said, try retrieving your key file from the original email in which it arrived, uninstall Nexus, do a clean re-install and apply the license key.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:20 am 

Yes, I already tried that. Why don't you first explain to me why you never responded to my emails? Winstep support is LITERALLY non-existent. Why do I have to come to an obscure forum to have you tell me this? I've tried literally everything in this thread. None of it works. So please don't suggest anything suggested in this thread, because the answer will be I've tried it already--four to five times each. This software can easily be pirated, yet I paid for a copy, but it doesn't work. This is such a joke. Why should people even bother with it in the first place? Don't you see how many people are having activation issues? I've never seen anything this ridiculous in my life.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

"Unofficial" warning - your post's tone is sailing pretty close to being abusive, one of the few things we do not tolerate here.
Now, you seem to labour under the false impression that I am in some way officially part of Winstep/Winstep support. I am most definitely not. I am merely a long time user and beta tester - since before the programme was first officially launched - and a volunteer moderator on the programme's board. As such, I try my best to help other users with queries when time permits, just like other users do from time to time, and I'd appreciate a more polite tone, nay, expect it.

Easily pirated this software is most decidedly not - none of the "cracked" versions work properly as you'd soon find out and they'll keep directing you to the programme's website to pay up. Further, this board is far from obscure. It is widely used, especially for a programme of this kind, and forms part of the support as well.

As for your issue, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait for user "Winstep", who is the programmer and owner of Winstep as well as the administrator of this board, to return, like everyone else.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm 

nexter wrote:
As for your issue, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait for user "Winstep", who is the programmer and owner of Winstep as well as the administrator of this board, to return, like everyone else.

How convenient. The guy selling the stuff isn't even around to talk to their own customers for whom the software doesn't work. This is what's called a scam. The fact that you defend this company is a joke.

Fact check: it's not abuse when it's in self-defense.

And what do you mean the hacked versions don't work as well as the official one? The official one won't even accept my key!!!! Are you blind or something? What's going on in your head? IT DOESN'T WORK, MAN! A hacked version is better than nothing! You must be joking!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:38 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

psilosyn wrote:
nexter wrote:

How convenient. The guy selling the stuff isn't even around to talk to their own customers for whom the software doesn't work. This is what's called a scam. The fact that you defend this company is a joke.

Fact check: it's not abuse when it's in self-defense.

And what do you mean the hacked versions don't work as well as the official one? The official one won't even accept my key!!!! Are you blind or something? What's going on in your head? IT DOESN'T WORK, MAN! A hacked version is better than nothing! You must be joking!

Fact check: abuse is always abuse. Desist! You have been given a final official warning.

You seem to labour under some kind of delusion that you paid hundreds or thousands of pounds to some major league software company with a dedicated support department. Winstep is a one-man operation, and you paid a bargain price for a fantastic little app. Customer support is normally excellent, especially for a man-man outfit, and it is in the nature of such a single person developer that unforeseen circumstances arise and result in a temporary absence of said person as at present.

There is no such thing as a corrupt key. Your problem most likely arises from some problem in your installation of the programme.

In the present circumstances, I'm afraid you'll just have to await the return of the developer, like everyone else, and for him to catch up with a not inconsiderable backlog of support issues that we moderators cannot resolve - also, our time is rather limited.

This conversation is over as far as I'm concerned. Heed the warning you have been issued.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2