Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 94 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:02 pm 

How can I get one of these? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:19 pm 

Thanks for the kind request.

I am waiting for Jorge to get back to me in a PM regarding why Wincustomize knocked the first one I put up back.
I have an idea and opart of it might be because of wallpaper included perhaps or because it was in a zip file, not a *.xtreme file. [My context menu does not allow zip to xtreme conversions even after multiple reinstalls and registru cleanouts.

SO - after that long-winded explanation when I get it right eventually in a format that Wincustomize is actually happy with, I will post it here on this forum.
check out Vectornut and others - Mindy, webgizmos, Pico14, Valhalla, jcRabbit etc etc there are some awesome designers on there. Joining is cheeeeep... :)\

they will be here when I get it right:
http://www.wincustomize.com/users/6730107/BassdudeNZ

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:17 am 

The &H does not seem to work but I found a way there is a ste:
http://hex.colorrrs.com/
Converts to RGB, remove the commas and sometimes the last digit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:26 pm 

I decided to upload screenshots to Wincustomize - I have a 100% success rate so far.
I'll work my way up to downloadable.
:P

Attachments:
skins.jpg
skins.jpg [ 168.59 KiB | Viewed 18015 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:26 am 

Finished it - maybe one day I will get rid of the only parts that are not mine. I have to get back to my doctorate - This has been fun but I have become really busy and have performances to prepare and rehearse for that are more the core of my creativity, not to mention a 20,000 word thesis I need to finish. :)

I have gone back to simple again with the Win8 thingee.. - the graphiics are nice in designing other themes, but in work mode the aesthetics seem to distract me. So the last finished piece is neither nothing new or different that cannot be found anywhere - plain, simple and functional :)\Thanks Jorge - I imageine I will go hard here again when I get my next sabbatical break which is some time away. Cheers

Attachments:
_simpleworksbest.jpg
_simpleworksbest.jpg [ 199.55 KiB | Viewed 18010 times ]
Miles_larger.jpg
Miles_larger.jpg [ 372.79 KiB | Viewed 18010 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:47 pm 

They all look good, but I absolutely adore both Miles Davis ones, and I'm not even a Miles Davis fan.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:12 am 

Thanks VN - Paul?
Your designs I really like. Sputnik is very clever. The modular thing may possibly be genius. All the docks interconnect into almost any shape the user wants to make.
Thanks for the kind words.
I am thinking I might have to buy an older computer and put XP back on it so I can run 9.5 by itself because to be honest, while i feel like a smart-ass learning the config files, editing and creating menus, hiding, placiong and shaping in the *.wst file is anything but a lot of fun :)
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:21 am 

LAST ONE not shown. I did not change much in Mindy's she had the colors I liked and shapes. I did however make a composite desktop wallpaper. The most intersting thing is that sometimes the riight wallpaper changes everything. The compartmentalize works with 2 others I tried but this wallpaper is what I designed it from. I can never upload it because I have absolutely no idea who made the wallpaper. :)
see you all around

Attachments:
Charcoal_music-edit.jpg
Charcoal_music-edit.jpg [ 331.92 KiB | Viewed 18000 times ]
Compartmentalization.jpg
Compartmentalization.jpg [ 388.37 KiB | Viewed 18000 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 pm 

BassdudeNZ wrote:
I can never upload it because I have absolutely no idea who made the wallpaper. :)
see you all around

If the rest is your own work, you can always upload it without the wallpaper, and if you HAPPEN to have a link to where to find the wallpaper, you can include that link. Admittedly a lot of times the wallpaper really completes the theme, but I have seen themes that did not include the wallpaper for the very reason you mentioned.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:56 pm 

Thanks Paul
I am still early days. I am doing it all via the config files which means the hard way... When Jorge does the Builder next Xmas :)
I can do them with more of an aesthetic overview instead of trial and error.

Anyway I meant to put this up before but never did. It works great but though w I certainly put together the theme and the wallpaper, Terry Gillam owns all the art. It would not be a Monty Python theme without it though. I was pretty happy with the clock staying in theme and I almost got the transparency right... another day ... sigh...
:)
cheers

Attachments:
Monty Python.jpg
Monty Python.jpg [ 527.04 KiB | Viewed 17989 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:08 am 

OMG I remember doing AstonShell themes. lol Did Winamp too.
That was a really great history lesson there Jorge. Thanks for taking the time.

BassDudeNZ, your themes are terrific. Would definitely like to try them out when they become available.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:57 am 

Thanks Werewolf
I do them out of pure enjoyment in attempting to do something with what I see in my head.

I have my own Website so I am thinking for Winstep users only, I am going to bypass the rigmoroll of whether all the i's are dotted and t's crossed and put them up there robably when I have more time.

I think I will offer that space to all designers as a storage bay and they can put them there for upload. I will just have to see how many login permissions I can give out for them to do their own page link updates.

Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am 

Really nice theme. I hope we will can download soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:04 pm 

This one I am going to have to redo in Adobe Illustrator. I managed to get a great 1900 HiRes Plasma capture abd all the graphics in this including the capture ended up Low Res. Raster graphics do not stretch well... badly actually IMO.
This one "Modular Plasma" below will need redoing, I will post the link here.
I have sent a request for how many logins for private uploads I can have to the webmaster, will get back later in a week or two when sorted..

Attachments:
rainbow plasma2.jpg
rainbow plasma2.jpg [ 282.95 KiB | Viewed 17971 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:32 am 

Using Jorge's because it works with what I had in mind
"Two of my basses" [I figured I use instrumnments I actually own]
I have a Sigbature Shuker Bass I had made in the U.K - I also have all the Luthier steps in photo form from start to end.. I will work on that in-between study and practice that should be fun as there are a lot of photos. The finished product is below.

Attachments:
Bass.jpg
Bass.jpg [ 481.17 KiB | Viewed 17965 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 94 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next