Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v16.9?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:30 pm 

Great update sir. Confirm the calendar buttons are now functioning correctly regardless of size. Thanks.

As to the mouse over markers: Visually, it would look nice, but I don't think it's necessary.

This is probably a duh type question, but if I'm 2 years into the future on the desktop calendar module, is there anyway to go directly back to 'today'? I can't find one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

werewolf wrote:
This is probably a duh type question, but if I'm 2 years into the future on the desktop calendar module, is there anyway to go directly back to 'today'? I can't find one.

Double click the Month + Year header. SHIFT + Left click also works. :)

Duh! :D

Ah, and if you press SHIFT when you left click on the arrows, you advance or go back one year at a time.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:24 am 

winstep wrote:
One question for those of you using the Calendar module:

Should it display some sort of 'mouseover marker' as you move the mouse pointer over the days of the month, or is it fine as is now?

Sometimes I feel as if there should be some kind of visual feedback as you move the pointer over the different days, on the other hand that is not actually necessary since, functionality wise, it works fine.

Jorge, I think this would be an awesome idea, if it's easy to implement. What would be REALLY cool, but probably ISN'T easy to implement, is if hovering over a date would bring up a tooltip with that day's calendar events listed. But just highlighting the day you're mousing over would still be cool.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

vectornut wrote:
What would be REALLY cool, but probably ISN'T easy to implement, is if hovering over a date would bring up a tooltip with that day's calendar events listed.

But it does that already (for clock alarms, of course)!

If you hover over one of the days, the balloon tooltip pops up listing any events/alarms for that day.

Also, clicking a day with no events allows you to create an alarm for that day, clicking a day with an existing alarm event, edits the alarm, and if you click a day with multiple events, it opens the Alarm Manager.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:59 am 

winstep wrote:
But it does that already (for clock alarms, of course)!

Oh.

Well, sweet!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:29 pm 

winstep wrote:
Windy, just got a reply from one of the German users with the translations! :)

Thanks anyway, and please thank your friend for me too. :D

I just told her. She's been busy with work and it's a little tricky getting in touch with her because of the time difference with her being in Germany and me in the U.S.A. Glad everything worked out! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 pm 

Right now, the clock doesn't do anything when it's clicked. Can you make it to be able to run specific program when it's clicked? (I want to run my calendar app when it's clicked)

Also, It seems that the dock can't differentiate different chrome apps that are open. Is there a way to make those detected individually?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nikolas wrote:
Right now, the clock doesn't do anything when it's clicked. Can you make it to be able to run specific program when it's clicked? (I want to run my calendar app when it's clicked)

Are you running the free version of Nexus, Nexus Ultimate or Winstep Xtreme?

The clock shows the Windows Calendar when clicked on. If you are talking about the *desktop* version of the Clock module, you need to *double click* the desktop module to get the same action (i.e.; which would be show the Windows calendar in this case).

The new Calendar module (v16.11 beta) can run your calendar app when clicked on. Alternatively, under Winstep Xtreme but alas not Nexus Ultimate, it can instead display a pop-up version of the Calendar desktop module.

Also only under Winstep Xtreme, on v16.11 you can choose between displaying the pop-up calendar or the Windows calendar when clicking on the clock module.

Please note that both the battery and calendar modules are NOT available under the free version of Nexus. New module development is now restricted to the paid versions of the software.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:04 pm 

I am running Nexus Ultimate version 16.9 right now, do I need to update?

Also, It seems that the dock can't differentiate different chrome apps that are open. Is there a way to make those detected individually?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nikolas wrote:
I am running Nexus Ultimate version 16.9 right now, do I need to update?

No, you can wait until v16.11 is officially available - should be in a couple of days. However, you are posting in the wrong topic then, since this one is for discussing the new upcoming features in v16.11 and any issues with the last two betas of v16.11. :P

Anyway, what version of Windows are you running then?

Since Nexus Ultimate does not support desktop modules, you can only mean that nothing happens when you click the clock icon in a dock or Shelf.

It should display the Windows Calendar (same calendar you get when you click the clock in the Windows taskbar).

Nikolas wrote:

Can you elaborate further on this, please? I don't think you mean the browser but actual Google apps, right?

If so, the problem is that running application icons are grouped according to the executable/application behind them. For instance, if you have a bunch of IE windows open, they all belong to the same executable: iexplore.exe. They thus get grouped under a single icon, which you can then click on to show the individual windows.

My guess is that the Chrome apps are all generated by the same executable, each app being thus a different window/instance of the same application. In that case they will all be grouped together unless you disable 'Group similar windows into a single icon'.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Getting back on topic, something I changed for the free version of Nexus and Nexus Ultimate:

Winstep Xtreme has its own Modules tab in Preferences, where you can configure the various settings related to modules.

Nexus has a 'Contents' tab in Preferences, where you can choose whether to display the control icon, running applications and/or the system tray icons on the dock or not.

However, module configuration ended up getting crammed in there, basically to use the available space in that tab and also because the module configuration settings under Nexus and Nexus Ultimate use so little space that a tab in Preferences dedicated to modules would be mostly blank space.

I think the decision to do things this way turned out to be a mistake, as it confuses users. Since the module settings are in the contents tab (where you can turn on and off various things that appear on the dock) users logically assume you could add modules and remove modules from there too.

You can't. Those settings are for configuring modules only. To add and remove modules from the dock you need to use the right-click context menus.

Furthermore, which is equally as stupid, Nexus Ultimate does not have a Modules tab in the main Preferences window. Module settings can only be accessed via the Dock Properties dialogs.

So I bit the bullet and added a new Modules tab to both Nexus and Nexus Ultimate. I had a lot of blank space to fill, so it looks like this (what do you think?):

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:01 pm 

I'm running Windows 10 anniv edition right now. For some reason is not showing any calendar.

Yeah it probably has same exe as the target, but I'm not entirely sure since it open different thing when clicked, for example

Attachment:
pic.PNG
pic.PNG [ 7.97 KiB | Viewed 19407 times ]

if I clicked line, It open the chrome app correctly:

Attachment:
pic.PNG
pic.PNG [ 7.97 KiB | Viewed 19407 times ]

but, as you can see, google chrome also shows that it is open.
And if I clicked google chrome, It would show the already opened line app, instead google chrome browser.

Attachments:
line.PNG
line.PNG [ 108.38 KiB | Viewed 19407 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ahaha! Good thing the v16.11 official release got delayed (it has now become v16.12, by the way, following the vYY.MM versioning scheme).

Allowed me to notice a major bug with the desktop calendar module, even though the current day was changing correctly, the calendar 'page' did not change when the month changed, it still said 'November 2016' at the top. :)

Nikolas wrote:
I'm running Windows 10 anniv edition right now. For some reason is not showing any calendar.

Do you get the Windows calendar if you click on the clock in the Windows taskbar?

Nikolas wrote:
Yeah it probably has same exe as the target, but I'm not entirely sure since it open different thing when clicked

If you right click the running application icon you should see a 'Pin to dock' option. Using that will add a shortcut to the left side of the dock and will allow you to see what executable is being used for the Chrome apps.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:33 pm 

winstep wrote:
Ahaha! Good thing the v16.11 official release got delayed (it has now become v16.12, by the way, following the vYY.MM versioning scheme).

Allowed me to notice a major bug with the desktop calendar module, even though the current day was changing correctly, the calendar 'page' did not change when the month changed, it still said 'November 2016' at the top. :)

That's not a bug, it's a feature! You accidentally invented a time travelling machine.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

vectornut wrote:
That's not a bug, it's a feature! You accidentally invented a time travelling machine.

Lol! Damn, you're right! I'm going to charge extra! :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next