Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Multi-monitor: only display tasks that are on each screen
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:38 pm 

Hi - I run a lot of applications at one time, spread acrosss 3 monitors. I would like to only see the active tasks that are running on the screen where the dock is docked(!)

Much like DisplayFusion does with its per-monitor taskbar.

Is this somehow doable? or implementable?

Thanks,
Tim

Post subject: Re: Multi-monitor: only display tasks that are on each scree
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

timns wrote:
Is this somehow doable? or implementable?

Doable, not currently. Implementable? Sure. And it's not a bad idea either, as long as you are not talking about the free version of the Nexus dock (since it only allows you one dock anyway, it wouldn't make sense there).

It will probably be added some time in the future when I add the same type of functionality to Winstep Xtreme's NextSTART taskbar.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:59 pm 

That would be just great thanks.

I upgraded to xtreme over the weekend and this would be the icing on the already marvellous cake ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:38 pm 

I would just like to add my vote to this functionality.

I just bought Winstep Xtreme, and am loving it. My hats off to you for creating a wonderful product. Being a programmer myself for a few decades now, I know how difficult and time consuming a project like this can be.

I'm still learning all the features of the products that come in Xtreme. I played around with the taskbar, and there's a lot of great things that it does. But I would echo that I would love to see:

1) Ability to have one taskbar per monitor. I work in a three monitor environment, and would love to see a taskbar on each monitor.
2) Have each of these taskbars only display tasks from its respective monitor. This is the functionality the original poster of this thread talked about.

For now, I unfortunately have the taskbar turned off. I say "unfortunately" because I love the customization of it, and that it themes well, etc. This is just my choice to turn it off though because of my work flow, and I'm sure the way that others use the taskbar may be different and it works great for their workflow. Once these features are there, I will use it again.

I'm thoroughly enjoying using the shelf, docs, and modules though. Great job guys! Money well spent!

Ekkssray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:52 am 

Hi. Any progress on this?

I can't test this functionality in the free version of Nexus (no multiple docks) so I would like to know if this feature is or is going to be added before purchasing.

Feature that I'm looking for: the one described above, like in Windows 10 configuration that is called "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on -> Only the desktop I'm using"

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

rick_ba wrote:
Hi. Any progress on this?

Hi! No.

rick_ba wrote:
I can't test this functionality in the free version of Nexus (no multiple docks) so I would like to know if this feature is or is going to be added before purchasing.

My personal opinion on this, and I am going to be very blunt: you should NEVER buy software based on what it MIGHT do one day. You should only buy it based on what it does NOW.

Doing otherwise is almost a sure way to create frustration and resentment on both sides (customer and developer).

So, this said, will it be added? Yes, it probably will because I too think it's a useful feature. When? No idea. At the moment I have other priorities.

If you think Nexus Ultimate or Winstep Xtreme are useful enough 'as is' for you to buy them, then do so. If that feature is a deal breaker for you, then don't.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:13 am 

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking for this feature specifically in the commercial version so I can wait for it to be added in the future, it's good to know that it may be implemented. Keep up the good work!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]