Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 231 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v17.1?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 pm 

DanDaBear wrote:
toniostarcevic wrote:
Quote:
I still can't believe that mirroring/cloning the docks and the shelve to all monitors isn't a more popular demand.

I would be all for that! I always have copies of my docks on both monitors (because moving the mouse to the right is easier than waiting at the bottom for the main monitors dock to open) :)

Interesting. Just realized that there is a duplicate button. Duplicating everything and assigning it to the second screen would also be a solution, if it would also work for the shelf.

So I would only need to open the settings dialogue when changing from multiple screens to one screen. (to deactivate the duplicated docks/shelf)
I'd be ok with that.

So, multiple shelves are the most important feature we need for the moment.

Would be even better if the docks(/shelf) on monitor 2 would auto-disable themself when monitor 2 gets disabled, instead of jumping to monitor 1. (what leads to having all the copies on top of each other)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quick question: of the following 'alarm bell' icons for the new Alarm Manager IC (internal command), which one do you like the best?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:37 am 

The white bell with the green background stands out most.

Chuck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:34 pm 

I like the colorless version the most. I suppose it won't be customizable? (dynamic icon?)
I tend to user rather clean UI elements, so that the color theme mainly gets defined by the wallpaper.
My favourite are transparent/glassy windows (with blur) and icons, since they adapt to any new background.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

toniostarcevic wrote:
I suppose it won't be customizable? (dynamic icon?)

I kind of dropped the idea. How important would it be for you guys that the icon reflects whether there are active alarms or not?

Anyway, since it is an Internal Command, you can simply edit the item and change the icon in the Item Properties dialog. Or you can change the actual icon used by default, which will be inside the Icon Samples folder.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am 

winstep wrote:
Quick question: of the following 'alarm bell' icons for the new Alarm Manager IC (internal command), which one do you like the best?

Just noticed this. I like the white bell with the green color and (( )) around it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 pm 

winstep wrote:
toniostarcevic wrote:
I suppose it won't be customizable? (dynamic icon?)

I kind of dropped the idea. How important would it be for you guys that the icon reflects whether there are active alarms or not?

I'm not quite sure about this. It wouldn't be vital, but it's a kind of a basic feature on alarm clocks. Any alarm clock has some light or dot to indicate that an alarm is active.
Sometimes you'd maybe forgot it and leave, having the alarm running until timeout. (which could annoy your neighbors or roommates...)
It can also remind you that you've forgot to set it.

I can think of two rather simple solutions, to still being able to customize the icon.

1. Like the recycle bin - just two icons for on and off state, that can both be changed.

2. An small overlay, like the one for running programs.

I personally wouldn't use my PC for alarms at all. (kind of a high power consumption for an alarm clock)
But people who actually use this, (who have their PC running anyways) would probably welcome the indicator.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, just released a beta of v17.11 - it will have to be a very quick beta period, so please let me know ASAP if you notice anything unusual. To download the beta you must make sure 'Notify me of test (beta) versions' is enabled.

Highlights on v17.11 (please test them):

1. The way sub-docks now open next to the parent dock (but always above it). Is it better than before?

2. New Alarm Manager internal command. Handy to quickly access the Alarm Manager dialog from a dock, etc...

3. New 'Hide All' internal command - hides all visible docks, desktop modules, collapses the Shelf, etc...

4. New countries and cities in the Weather module for ex-Yugoslavia.

5. New setttings for the Capture Desktop internal command which allow it to take a picture only after a pre-defined delay (count down can be cancelled by pressing ESC). New camera shutter sound and new 'Take Picture' sound event.

6. Desktop modules can now be moved with pixel precision using the arrow keys.

7. URL shortcuts (such as shortcuts to Steam Games) are now resolved automatically when dropping them onto a dock or the Shelf. This allows you to later delete the original shortcut.

8. Fixed some minor issues with the Moon module. It will now appear on the dock exactly how it would look (position/tilt) if you went outside and looked at it.

9. Should have fixed some issues with the Email Checker regarding non standard responses to the IMAP protocol (AT&T). Please confirm.

10. Should have fixed the freeze after standby on Surface Pro laptops. Please confirm.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:07 am 

winstep wrote:

3. New 'Hide All' internal command - hides all visible docks, desktop modules, collapses the Shelf, etc...

doesnt work as a toggle (hides all but when activated again, unhides only modules, not docks and:*)

*when modules are hidden and brought back trough new internal command, or trough old one, all modules are showing except email checker, which only shows up after i disable and re-renable it (or after restart of workshelf)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
doesnt work as a toggle (hides all but when activated again, unhides only modules, not docks and:*)

Hey, you're the one who suggested that IC, it was never meant to act as a toggle. :)

seeker wrote:
*when modules are hidden and brought back trough new internal command, or trough old one, all modules are showing except email checker, which only shows up after i disable and re-renable it (or after restart of workshelf)

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Also, how well do you think your suggestion for sub-docks works in practice? Any issues so far?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 am 

It's 2am and I just went outside to check the moon after installing the beta you just released. I couldn't see the moon. However, the moon module shows the bottom half.

I didn't see any clouds in the sky, but I guess it's possible that one could be blocking it.

In the Moon Calendar Settings, total black-out of the moon is from Nov 15 through Nov 20. It's now Nov 26.

BTW, the Moon Calendar doesn't show the top or bottom half of the moon like the Moon Module does. It only shows vertical black portions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
It's 2am and I just went outside to check the moon after installing the beta you just released. I couldn't see the moon. However, the moon module shows the bottom half.

I didn't see any clouds in the sky, but I guess it's possible that one could be blocking it.

Errr... more likely the moon hadn't appeared on your part of the sky yet. The Moon Rise and Moon Set times will tell you at what time it will be visible in your portion of the sky. Moon Elevation also gives you the angle/position it currently is, if it's negative it's still below the horizon.

Windy wrote:
In the Moon Calendar Settings, total black-out of the moon is from Nov 15 through Nov 20. It's now Nov 26.

Eh? Can I get a screenshot of that, please?

Windy wrote:
BTW, the Moon Calendar doesn't show the top or bottom half of the moon like the Moon Module does. It only shows vertical black portions.

Sure, it's supposed to do that, the moons in the calendar itself will NOT be tilted, so it's easier to see the actual moon phase on a particular day. Also, the big animated moon always shows the geocentric position angle. The moon module itself will show the topocentric angle (i.e.; what it actually looks like to you in your little corner of the earth).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 am 

Oh, I see. Here's the screenshot you requested. I also added one of the module.

Attachment:
Moon Phase Issue.jpg
Moon Phase Issue.jpg [ 32.74 KiB | Viewed 18086 times ]

Attachment:
Moon Phase Issue 2.jpg
Moon Phase Issue 2.jpg [ 58.55 KiB | Viewed 18086 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
Oh, I see. Here's the screenshot you requested. I also added one of the module.

Oh, sorry, my bad, you were still referring to not seeing the moon in the sky when you looked outside. I thought you were mentioning some kind of bug.

Thanks for the screenshots anyway. :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 pm 

Yes I was referring to a possible bug. I was referring to the dates in the Moon Calendar when it shows total black-out in relation to what I saw/didn't see outside, and what the Moon Module on the desktop shows.

In other words, the total black-out dates (Nov 15 through Nov 20) don't match what's in the sky or on the desktop but you explained about the geocentric position angle and the topocentric angle. You did mention that as far as outside it could be that at that particular time of night/day the moon isn't visible where I am.

I'll look much earlier tonight to see if the moon is visible.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 231 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next