Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 231 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v17.1?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
i think i read somewhere/saw in options that VLC has an option to use global keys(so does GOM player), so i guess it would work with that, but it seems you would need an actual multimedia keyboard to set up the shortcuts (i tried setting up trough winstep IC but the same focus issue prevents the player from recognizing the command)

Yep, I did it here using the MM keys on my keyboard. Just in case someone else might be interested, here is how to do it for VLC:

Code:
    VLC Global Hotkeys are shortcuts you can use even if VLC does not have the focus. Here is how to configure Global Hotkeys:

Tools » Preferences » HotKeys
        Under the Global column, double-click the value corresponding to the function you want a global key assigned to.
        Press the key or key combination you want
        Click Apply
        Click Save

You will have to quit and restart VLC for the new assignments to be effective.

To unset/clear a global hotkey: Proceed as if you wanted to set a new key, but press the pause/break key.

I'll add a note in the history file regarding the focus issues on some media players.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Beta (v17.12 beta) available.

Please test the reserve screen space and respect reserved screen space of your dock(s).

Window preview thumbnails should now also automatically scale up on high DPI systems.

More information available on the Change Log dialog:
Preferences -> About tab -> click version number on top right corner -> View Change Log

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 am 

winstep wrote:
Windy wrote:
Just so you know, my security software also flagged it as malicious. Of course I knew it was a false positive and had to keep telling my security software that it was okay.

What's your security software?

Windy wrote:
BTW, you've only had one beta in the last couple of weeks right?

Right.

avast also reacts to the update installer and beta exe running first time, it starts a deep scan and then uploads the file for analysis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 am 

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:
*when modules are hidden and brought back trough new internal command, or trough old one, all modules are showing except email checker, which only shows up after i disable and re-renable it (or after restart of workshelf)

I'm doing something wrong because I can't reproduce this one here. What are the steps to reproduce with all the desktop modules visible to start with?

still present with the second beta

and steps are just activating hide all or hide/show desktop modules IC
but it could be something tied to my configuration, i remember me reporting this bug :
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... jc0SmDDOdX
(link to video)
(sorry for low quality video, one screen grab ap i downloaded didnt work, and i fugured using my phone was simpler than searching for another)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 am 

Jorge, I guess you'll have to contact Avast. This time it was my antivirus and not my firewall.

When I attempted to install the beta updates, it prevented them from installing saying those types of files can be malicious. It sent the files to their labs for scanning.

Fortunately after a couple of minutes, Winstep alerted again that the files were ready for DL. I tried again, and it worked the second time right after a message popped up that Avast labs scanned the files and they came up clean.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:24 am 

I`ve just updated to latest beta. Thank you for the effort to fix the bugs and for the new functionality. I realy apreciate your hard work, Jorge!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the thumbs up, Vlad! :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:01 am 

winstep wrote:

Anyway, I actually just finished working on fixing a couple of issues related to this: one was when a dock was reserving screen space but was forced to automatically reduce the icon size - in relation to what the user had preset - in order to still fit on the screen: every time an item was added to or removed from the dock the space reserved would abruptly change TWICE instead of just once. The other had to do with preventing two space reserving and respecting docks attached to perpendicular screen edges from overlapping each other.

tested this, havent seen any issues

winstep wrote:
The other had to do with preventing two space reserving and respecting docks attached to perpendicular screen edges from overlapping each other.

These two fixes actually need some testing, so I'm thinking about making another quick beta while I get the official release ready.

not sure how to test this one

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:08 am 

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:
dont know if that was expected behaviour or not

Ooops. Don't know how I didn't catch that one before.

I did change the code to keep on processing activation hotkeys for all docks instead of stopping once it found a match, but I did forget one thing: the dock hide/show animation takes time, and the hotkey for the next dock would not be processed/checked until the previous dock had finished this animation.

So, unless you kept the key pressed for however long it took for ALL the docks sharing the same hotkey to hide/show, the strange behavior you mentioned would happen.

Fixed it here.

can confirm that it works nicely now, very useful for someone like me who has many different docks and modules active
(currently i have shelf, 5 modules and 7 docks (not counting sub docks) active
(my backup file is 211 kb now, after i reducedd some of subdocks a while back, was 288 kb at most)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:

Well, imagine you have a dock at the top of the screen and another on the right edge. Both docked, both reserving screen space and both respecting screen space reserved by other toolbars (which includes other docks).

It's basically the interaction between these two docks (or more, since you can add two more docks with the same settings to the other screen edges). Previously one dock, if large enough, could/would overlap the other (or popup below it) under certain conditions. Now each should stay in its own allocated screen space, with no overlaps.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:10 am 

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:

Well, imagine you have a dock at the top of the screen and another on the right edge. Both docked, both reserving screen space and both respecting screen space reserved by other toolbars (which includes other docks).

It's basically the interaction between these two docks (or more, since you can add two more docks with the same settings to the other screen edges). Previously one dock, if large enough, could/would overlap the other (or popup below it) under certain conditions. Now each should stay in its own allocated screen space, with no overlaps.

ok, on different edges it works
http://prntscr.com/ho6a9p
but if they are docked to different sides of the same edge they overlap
http://prntscr.com/ho69is

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
but if they are docked to different sides of the same edge they overlap

Yeah, but that is to be expected, i.e.; by design.

If you want two docks on the same edge you will have to displace/offset one of them from the screen edge.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Really weird nobody ever complained about this:

In Windows 10, system tray pop ups such as the volume mixer, battery information, network popup, etc..., started appearing in the wrong screen position - instead of next to the mouse pointer - after one of the newer Windows 10 builds if you clicked on the respective tray icon in a dock. The pop ups would appear at the correct hight but always aligned to the left margin of the screen.

Well, it was a hair pulling nightmare to figure out why that was happening and fix the issue, but it seems I just pulled it off. Yay! :D

I'm sure I'm not the only developer who HATES Microsoft because of the way they keep changing - and breaking - stuff. Long gone are the days where Windows would remain stable for a handful of years, now it feels like we're trying to hit a moving target.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:50 pm 

winstep wrote:

In Windows 10, system tray pop ups such as the volume mixer, battery information, network popup, etc..., started appearing in the wrong screen position - instead of next to the mouse pointer - after one of the newer Windows 10 builds if you clicked on the respective tray icon in a dock. The pop ups would appear at the correct hight but always aligned to the left margin of the screen.

Well, it was a hair pulling nightmare to figure out why that was happening and fix the issue, but it seems I just pulled it off. Yay! :D

I'm sure I'm not the only developer who HATES Microsoft because of the way they keep changing - and breaking - stuff. Long gone are the days where Windows would remain stable for a handful of years, now it feels like we're trying to hit a moving target.
i gave up on w 10 after just couple of months, went back to w7 :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:43 pm 

Quote:

I had the problem, but I thought is not big enough to talk about. I am using the Hotspot aproach instead, works ok for me.

Funny thing, my system interface went all kind of crazy after instaling the 17.12. I naturaly suspected Winstep but decided to investigate the problem further before reporting it. Turned out to be an Windows 10 update issue.

I miss the days when I could just use Linux. Software forced me back to Windows...
Oh well... can`t have it all in this life.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 231 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next