Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 231 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v17.1?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! :)

I was trying really hard to release the new version just before Xmas, until I run into that little file copy snag. I eventually came up with a solution, but it took me 4 precious hours and then I was already too tired to continue. :)

Anyway, have fun, wherever you are! Let's see what Santa has in store for us on Xmas day!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:37 pm 

winstep wrote:
Quote:
I was trying really hard to release the new version just before Xmas

I for one apreciate your efforts. I am convinced also that many others do as well. Next version will come, I am convinced of that also.
Something tells me that you don`t have many days off, so enjoy this short break.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:37 pm 

figured out when (and probably why) winstep animations freeze, at least in part,
it happens when im watching something in full screen on the tv trough hdmi. my guess would be that winstep detects a full screen app and suspends its own animations? then resumes when the focus moves to any non full screen window.

cant say for sure all the times animations froze were because of that, but there is a good chance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
my guess would be that winstep detects a full screen app and suspends its own animations? then resumes when the focus moves to any non full screen window.

Yes. Winstep suspends animations when it detects a full screen app running. This is because the app might be a game where every little bit of CPU power is needed, so no point wasting CPU cycles on animations the person will not (should not) be able to see.

Actually the desktop modules already check if the full screen app is on the same monitor they are on, and will keep on animating/updating the information if not. Alas, the stuff on docks does not (yet) perform that extra check.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 pm 

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:
Actually the desktop modules already check if the full screen app is on the same monitor they are on, and will keep on animating/updating the information if not. Alas, the stuff on docks does not (yet) perform that extra check.

well this is happening with clock and cpu meter desktop modules, so the check is missing something then on my laptop at least

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
well this is happening with clock and cpu meter desktop modules, so the check is missing something then on my laptop at least

Strange, indeed. Here if I open a full screen app (for instance, a full screen Youtube video) or a game on my primary monitor, the modules on my secondary monitor keep updating. The only thing that stops updating are modules on the docks and the Shelf, regardless of which monitor the full screen app is at.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:25 am 

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:

Strange, indeed. Here if I open a full screen app (for instance, a full screen Youtube video) or a game on my primary monitor, the modules on my secondary monitor keep updating. The only thing that stops updating are modules on the docks and the Shelf, regardless of which monitor the full screen app is at.

maybe thats because here its reverse? full screen app (video) is on secondary monitor(TV) and modules are along with all docks on primary monitor (laptop)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
maybe thats because here its reverse? full screen app (video) is on secondary monitor(TV) and modules are along with all docks on primary monitor (laptop)

Nah.

I really need to make a little multi-monitor enumerator test app, based on the actual code, so we too can see the multi-monitor space the way the Winstep application is seeing it.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is anyone having trouble with the forums logging them out from time to time or is it just me?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 am 

winstep wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with the forums logging them out from time to time or is it just me?

it logged me out today. before i had that issue only on my phone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And v17.12 is officially out. Enjoy! :D

If anything goes wrong, please let me know ASAP!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:56 am 

Hmmmmmm, I didn't get a notification to update. Thought maybe it did a silent update but no change.

I checked and it said everything is up to date. It says I have version 17.12 installed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:01 am 

windy wrote:
Quote:
Hmmmmmm, I didn't get a notification to update. Thought maybe it did a silent update but no change.

I checked and it said everything is up to date. It says I have version 17.12 installed.

same here

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:37 pm 

Vlad wrote:
windy wrote:
Quote:

same here

Well, I _did_ get a prompt yesterday but it wasn't at a convenient time so I selected the delay option (can't remember the exact text). At start-up today I selected 'check for updates' in Workshelf "About" tab and the response was 'everything up to date' despite still being on 17.1. However, as an afterthought, I tried the same selection under the "Advanced" tab and that has offered me 17.12.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You guys should pay attention to global forum announcements. Explanation is HERE.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved so I have resumed the Winstep Xtreme update. Just do a manual check for updates, the Winstep Update Manager should now pick up the v17.12 official release update.

OTtChris wrote:
However, as an afterthought, I tried the same selection under the "Advanced" tab and that has offered me 17.12.

It's not the selection under 'Advanced' that is 'special', it's me who in the mean time resumed the Winstep Xtreme update, which had been halted because of the events linked to above. :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 231 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next