Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: How to draw out the Dock ONLY on desktop?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:56 am 

Is very annoying to me that the Dock draw outs when I'm navigating, or playing a game. I just want it to draw out when I'm on the desktop.
I've tried things that I thought that they worked, but no.
I selected "Keep the dock under the other window", but that didn't worked.
This dock is perfect but this is the only thing that annoys me. There's any solution?

Post subject: Re: How to draw out the Dock ONLY on desktop?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The solution is already built in and has been there since the beginning: the dock is set NOT to activate if it detects a *full screen* application (such as a game) is running.

Note that Full Screen is NOT THE SAME as Maximized.

So, if the dock is activating with a mouse bump while you are running a game, either you are not running it full screen or something else is preventing the dock from realizing a full screen application is currently running.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 am 

Thanks for your reply, I hadn't thought about that difference. Sometimes I play on windowed mode, I'll play on screen-mode! Anyways it annoys me sometimes while I'm navigating, and especially when I'm using Photoshop, so... there is any way to avoid that the Dock draws out if there's any maximized window, or even any window opened?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the dock stopped activating with maximized windows as well as full screen, your (and many, many, other) post would instead be about how annoying it was for the dock NOT to activate when you needed it if you were browsing or working on Photoshop. :)

What Nexus can't do is read your mind to know when you've activated it deliberately or by accident. :wink:

There are already a TON of settings you can modify designed to alleviate or even eliminate this problem: you can change the edge bump delays to make the dock respond slower, you can use a edge SWIPE instead of edge BUMP to activate the dock, you can put the dock at the bottom of the screen instead of at the top (like MacOSX does), etc...

You'll have to play with those settings to figure out something that works FOR YOU. :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]