Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Workshelf disappears
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:54 pm 

Hi Jorge :) Long time no talk to....sorry haven't been around in a while.

I have WS docked and inverted at the top of the screen (not full width, but it doesn't seem to matter.)

When I click on the 'OK' button on the config window, WS disappears. I have to right click the systray icon, choose 'edge bump', edge bump the top of the screen to get it back, then unselect 'edge bump' from the sytray context menu.

XP SP2
latest and greatest WS and NS versions.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks,

werewolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:15 am 

Hello!!!!!!!!!

Something happen to Winstep that I missed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, been terribly busy with other things lately... I can't reproduce that bug here - maybe I've fixed it in the mean time, or you are using a specific theme or setting that causes this?

What WS version are you running (complete with build number)? What theme are you running? Does it happen with other themes? If you undock it, does the same thing happen? If you invert it, does the same thing happen?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:17 pm 

Sorry this took so long :(

Using WS ver 1.70.0296

Happens with any theme 'inverted' and 'docked to top'.

Doesn't happen with any other configuration.

Hope all is well you you and yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:12 pm 
I have the same problem, but I can't change it back to floating because when I go to preferences and change anything it freezes after I press ok or preview.

I'm using win 98 and ws 1.71 0302

Where can I get a copy of winstep full without the fish thing, because when I tried it in november 04 it worked f*ckin fabulous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should have a backup copy of the previous WorkShelf version in your ...\winstep\backup\ folder. However, how about helping me fix this one instead? :D

Where is your Windows taskbar? At the top of the screen too? Does WorkShelf work properly if NOT inverted (but docked at the top of the screen) ?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:11 pm 
And one more question: does the same problem occur even if you change the 'Respect Reserved Space' and 'Reserve Screen Space' settings?

Jorge Coelho
NextSTART 3.3 - A user interface you can actually use!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies
IRC Chat: #winstep on AustNet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:26 pm 
winstep wrote:
You should have a backup copy of the previous WorkShelf version in your ...\winstep\backup\ folder. However, how about helping me fix this one instead? :D

Where is your Windows taskbar? At the top of the screen too? Does WorkShelf work properly if NOT inverted (but docked at the top of the screen) ?

My drive was formatted after a virus screwed it up. list 4 skins i made too :x , but I downloaded an older version of winstep from download.com.

My taskbar was on the bottom of the screen in auto hide mode, and I guss it did work properly but as soon as I installed it, I set it to invert at the top of the screen and that was it.

My addiction started 4 years ago with nextstart, I was using everyday, then neststart with the [noir] skin, and now it's progressed to full on winstep dependency. :P I love this program and will be happy to help any way I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:32 pm 

well I dont have the new version anymore, can I run both? I want to help but to uninstall and reinstall over and over again. I never tried the screen space or the reserved space settings.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]