Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Bump zones
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:24 pm 

Hi there.
Sorry in advance for my English.
I have Nexus Ultimate.
As I understand there are bump zones and keyboard shortcuts to activate dock.
What Im searching is a setting for corner activating zone in a shelf and cannot find one.
Is there only for a dock but not for a shelf?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Bump zones
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:53 pm 

I don't have Nexus Ultimate so I'm not sure if you can do it. I have Winstep Xtreme version 16.6.

In Xtreme, open NextSTART via system tray or Ctrl+12 (if you didn't change it).

Click on the Hotspots tab. Click New, it will open the Hotspot Wizard. Then you'll see 3 categories. *What do you want to do*, *How do you want to do it*, and *Would you like to use a hotkey to activate this hotspot?*

Click on the pulldown *What do you want to do* and select *Run an Internal Command*.

Then click on the pulldown *How do you want to do it* and select the method you want to use to bring WorkShelf forward.

The next category is *Would you like to use a hotkey to activate this hotspot?* You can then chose whether or not you want to change the default setting None. Click Next.

You will see a list of Internal Commands. The one you want to click on is *Bring WorkShelf Forward*. Click Next. You're done! HOWEVER, READ THE P.S. BELOW.

P.S. If you select *Hotspot Button on the Desktop* or *Button in the Quick Launch Area* in the pulldown *How do you want to do it* the process will be different.

After you chose *Hotspot Button on the Desktop* or *Button in the Quick Launch Area* and click Next, if will not finish the process. It will open another box that asks your preferences for the Hotspot or Quick Launch Area.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:53 pm 

Thanks for the reply.
But in Ultimate the preferences are different.
You have no "Hotspot" tab there as you can see:

However you have this option in "Behavior" tab of Dock properties:

but not in Shelf properties:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:51 pm 

That is not the correct area. It appears that you are in the WorkShelf settings. NextSTART is totally different.

I'm not sure if you have it. As I said earlier, it can be accessed by using the icon on the system tray, or by using CTRL+F12.

What happens when you hit CTRL+ the F!2 key? If it doesn't open NextSTART, that probably means that you don't have that feature.

It's also possible that there might be another way to achieve getting to the Hotspot tab.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:18 am 

Once again:
I have no Winstep Extreme. I have Nexus Ultimate. There is no NextSTART in Nexus Ultimate. There is no Hotspot tab anywhere in this program settings. Therefore nothing happens when I hit CTRL + F12. All I ask is there a way of configuring SHELF (not Dock) appearing by corner hotspot.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

flint83 wrote:
All I ask is there a way of configuring SHELF (not Dock) appearing by corner hotspot.

Alas, no - it was not deemed necessary because the Shelf is tab-based - i.e.; usually what you want to activate is a specific tab, not the whole Shelf - plus the Shelf normally has the tabs always visible (although yes, you can turn that off)

So, you do have keyboard shortcuts to activate a specific tab in the Shelf (Shelf Properties -> Content) and you can even bump a screen edge to activate the whole Shelf, but currently there is no way to activate it using a screen *corner*.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]