Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Activate Nexus Dock On Full Edge?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:46 am 

Hey guys, I have set the dock to auto hide so it only appears when I move my mouse to the edge of the screen. I currently have the dock centered on the bottom edge of my monitor. I want to be able to activate the dock no matter where I hit the edge of my screen, but since the dock is in the middle, it only activates when I hit the edge where the dock would be shown.

Is there a setting that allows me to set the entire bottom edge of the screen to activate the dock? This is how MacOS handles their hidden dock as well so I'm surprised to see it doesn't behave in the same manner. I figure I'm just missing something in the settings so any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Activate Nexus Dock On Full Edge?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fancymans wrote:
Is there a setting that allows me to set the entire bottom edge of the screen to activate the dock? This is how MacOS handles their hidden dock as well so I'm surprised to see it doesn't behave in the same manner.

Don't be. The Mac OSX dock is at the bottom of the screen, and cannot be moved to the top. Most Windows users like their docks at the top, however.

So what happens? When going for the minimize, close, etc, buttons of a maximized window, the user normally overshoots and ends up accidentally bumping the screen edge with the mouse pointer, which accidentally activates the dock.

Accidental activations are one of the more annoying aspect of docks in Windows, which is why Nexus provides so many alternate activation methods and mitigation features.

One of those mitigation features, *added by design* some time ago, is the dock only activating if the user bumps the area the dock is hidden in. Of course, it was thought with the top screen edge in mind. Sigh. :roll:

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]