Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: System tray icons on Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:33 am 

Scanned through the support pages and did a search through the forums with "tray" 6 or 7 pages deep before deciding to post this.

It is quite possibly me but, how does one change the system tray icons in nexus ultimate?
Was fairly content with the free program except for the blurry sys tray. Just dropped a few dimes for the ultimate version to change them and...can't.

App states "revert to originals" but none of them have ever changed.
Rebooted, restarted app...nadda.
App shows new icons on the right, just not in the system tray. I have even used the sample icons from the winstep system tray icon sample folder to no avail.
What am I missing here?

Post subject: Re: System tray icons on Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:51 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

rgillbilly wrote:
Scanned through the support pages and did a search through the forums with "tray" 6 or 7 pages deep before deciding to post this.

It is quite possibly me but, how does one change the system tray icons in nexus ultimate?
Was fairly content with the free program except for the blurry sys tray. Just dropped a few dimes for the ultimate version to change them and...can't.

App states "revert to originals" but none of them have ever changed.
Rebooted, restarted app...nadda.
App shows new icons on the right, just not in the system tray. I have even used the sample icons from the winstep system tray icon sample folder to no avail.
What am I missing here?

Go to 'Preferences' -> 'Tray' tab -> tick 'Enable tray icon customisation', then select 'Customise Tray Icons', and Bob's your uncle. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:13 am 

LOL yes! he is actually my uncle!!

Yes I have done all that but thank you for the swift reply.

It seems if you have the sys tray setting box checked to "only show customized icons on sys tray with icons over 16x16" checked, even if you change to larger/different icon, it will not change them if setting is also set to "grouped".
If you ungroup, they changed. Then regroup, you then will have newer but still blurry icons LOL

Only way to enjoy pristine icons in system tray is to ungroup and have them fill half the screen.

Wishing there was an "in-between" grouped setting for just the sys tray.
Looks like full size or minute for the moment.
Unless there is a work around I have missed??

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 am 

If you uncheck "always show all sys tray icons" you get a slightly larger and perfectly sized "system tray expand button" just to the left that would be IDEAL for the sys tray icons also!!

Is there a request feature/forum somewhere?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:35 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

rgillbilly wrote:
If you uncheck "always show all sys tray icons" you get a slightly larger and perfectly sized "system tray expand button" just to the left that would be IDEAL for the sys tray icons also!!

Is there a request feature/forum somewhere?

Thanks!

There is a 'Sticky' thread in this forum titled 'Winstep Wishlist' - may be a good idea to outline what you'd like to see there. It certainly sounds like a very useful plan to me. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:56 am 

I vote yes with a photoshopped example! And yes I stink with photoshop!!
Hah~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:59 am 

Thank you very much! Done!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:08 am 

I'm just a pro at forum navigation huh?
:evil:
Can I get a mod to move this to where I thought I was posting in the sticky "request feature"?
If not I can delete LOL
I can't delete...can someone please delete this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:03 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Moved your well put post to the 'Sticky' 'Winstep Wish List' thread. :)

Unfortunately, the sole programmer and proprietor of Winstep - and admin of this board, user name 'Winstep' - Jorge is currently still absent although it is to be hoped that he'll return really soon now, but as there is a huge backlog of stuff for him to deal with, sadly it could be some time till he replies to your excellent idea when he does return.

I have to add that personally I don't use the sys tray in the dock, keeping it in the NextSTEP taskbar instead. I never really saw the point of tiny 16 pixel icons and think that the minimum size should be 24, even for a small systray. Winstep is the one thing that makes using Windblows bearable - that is, when I do have to use it. I only use Win for a very few apps at times now, being a committed Linux (Ubuntu) user about 80-90% of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:25 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merged the last three posts above this into this thread - doesn't really make sense to have two threads with the same title and the same topic. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 10 posts ]