Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Clock Alarm Issue
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:36 am 

No about it being geared toward Windows 8 or 10?

The Alarm Manager is very snazzy! Like the look! Colors, digital clock etc is beast! I notice that it doesn't say 12:30 am but 0:30. Does it do that for PM as well?

What is the reason you configured it this way. It's not a big deal as long as the PM says 12 because it would remove the possibility of confusing the two.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
No about it being geared toward Windows 8 or 10?

No you shouldn't need it. It's square tiles to be used with the dock.

Windy wrote:
The Alarm Manager is very snazzy! Like the look! Colors, digital clock etc is beast! I notice that it doesn't say 12:30 am but 0:30. Does it do that for PM as well?

Crap. That's what happens when you live on 24 hour time format and are not really familiar with 12 hour time format. Fixed it so it now says 12 AM instead of 0 AM. Same thing was happening on the Alarm reminder popup, by the way.

If you notice any other instances of it saying '0 AM' when it should be saying '12 AM' please let me know.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:04 am 

Okay I will. You said you fixed it. Are you going to wait for a couple of days before releasing the fix, or are you going to do it right away?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There should be a public beta in the next few days. It's going to be a very short beta period though. lol

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:11 pm 

Sorry I couldn't report yesterday. I had to leave before 12pm and didn't get home until almost 3am.

I was able to check a little while ago and the time does show 12 and not 0 for pm.

BTW, there's a vast improvement over the older version of the Voice Theme for the clock announcement. It's very crisp and clear. Great job!

I tried to find a list of the new features you've added so I can check them all out, but no luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
I tried to find a list of the new features you've added so I can check them all out, but no luck.

Preferences -> About tab -> click version number top right corner -> View Change Log.

Also, go to the Winstep web site and read the News items - they also highlight the major changes with pictures, etc..

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:25 am 

Happy to report that after teaching, cooking dinner, falling asleep and then putting out the trash, so far all of the alarms fired as they should. :D

winstep wrote:
Preferences -> About tab -> click version number top right corner -> View Change Log.

Also, go to the Winstep web site and read the News items - they also highlight the major changes with pictures, etc..

Thanks for the info about how to access the Change Log and about looking at the News items. I checked via Preferences and also via News. For News, I clicked on Themes at the top of this site's page and then on Latest News for Winstep Xtreme.

So far, I've experienced the Moon Phase module and the smooth scrolling feature in the Shelf which are both a welcome addition. I'll also probably try out the every other week on a particular day feature for the clock alarm.

The Moon Phase module goes perfect with my Desktop Background! It has a lot of really awesome features! Your latest version is really a huge leap ahead!

BTW, my CPU usage is that high because I have more than 10 video instances open and a ton of other stuff. When nothing is open, my CPU usage is 1%. I didn't include my taskbar in the screenshot.

Betcha you guys can't find the Moon Phase module! :lol:

Attachment:
Winstep Background Moon Phase-1.jpg
Winstep Background Moon Phase-1.jpg [ 465.92 KiB | Viewed 9320 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2