Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: I can't figure out subdocks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm 

I've been using Objectdock for years, but just upgraded to Windows 10, where its operation is flaky. So I tried Nexus, liked what I saw, and upgraded to Ultimate to get subdocks and multiple docks. Multiple docks are fine; I've recreated my Objectdock configuration and all is well. But I simply can't figure out subdocks (nor can I find any documentation on them).

All I've been able to do is create a placeholder, change the type to folder, and get a folder display to pop out. But I could do that with the free version. I figure subdocks can be used for groups of associated programs or often-opened documents. But I haven't been able to figure out how to add items to a placeholder. If I try to drag and drop something to the subdock icon, it gets added to the main dock. So what am I missing?

Post subject: Re: I can't figure out subdocks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right click on the dock in the place you want to add a sub-dock to and, from the context menu that pops up, select the following:

Insert New Dock Item -> Sub-dock

A new sub-dock icon will be placed on the dock and the sub-dock will open automatically to display an empty sub-dock. You can now drag items into the empty sub-dock.

If the sub-dock is closed when you start the drag & drop operation, simply hold the item you are dragging over the sub-dock icon on the main dock and hold it there for a second: the sub-dock will open automatically after a small delay and you can now drop the new item into it.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply. Turns out I had the icons locked on the dock. As soon as I unlocked them the subdock worked as designed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eheh, yeah, having your icons locked would also explain the difficulties you were experiencing. :wink:

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]