Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: "Elevated privileges" and UAC issue, after update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:21 am 

Thanks. I have now done the same disinherit trick with both Nextstart and Winsted exes, and downgraded user permissions on both. No change. I start from exe, not shortcuts.

There are 8 other exes, inc Nexus, but I haven't touched those.

I'll be able to reboot soon, and I'll see whether that makes a difference.

Post subject: Re: "Elevated privileges" and UAC issue, after update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 pm 

I may have solved it.

I disinherited winstep.exe and nextstart.exe alongside workshelf.exe, and lowered User privileges to just Read and Read & Execute. Only Admins has full permissions now.

No change when I start via nextstart.exe and then workshelf.exe [not shortcut(s)].

I then used Revo Unistaller to remove the program, having backed up settings of both N and W. I left themes in place, but deleted other settings.

I then re-installed. Lowered permissions remained in place, as set before uninstall.

When I then started nextstart.exe and then worshelf.exe via their individual exes, same issue arose.

BUT when I closed it and used the Winstep shortcut installed on installation, no such problem arose.

Therefore, for me at least, it seems advisable to start the program via the main shortcut, and not N and W individually.

Why this, I have no idea!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2