Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Latest Version of Winstep Xtreme 17.12 Drag and Drop
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:30 am 

Okay, after the v17.12 Release, 18.1 beta update, Winstep Xtreme is cookin’!!! This version is absolutely awesome!! Anyone not using it is missing out big time! After using it, I honestly don’t understand why anyone would use the other less powerful programs.

I guess some people might be intimidated by the fact that it has so many features, but it’s well worth it to take the time to learn how to take advantage of such raw awesome power!

If anyone not familiar with Winstep Xtreme needs help, I can give you my settings which can aid as a baseline to help jump-start you, so if you want, you can change/tailor the settings after familiarizing yourself with it to your liking.

The two latest additions to Winstep Xtreme that I’m most pumped about are the two drag and drop features-both of which I’ve wanted for a long time!

Listed under Speed copy on the page that I will post the link for later, when you drag and drop files into a folder or drive on the dock or WorkShelf, Winstep Xtreme will now allow you to continue to use all of its features while the files are still transferring!

Listed under the changelog, the other one I’ve been waiting for is the option to drag and drop PNG, ICO and TIF files into a folder or drive without it taking the place of whatever the icon is (before it was not possible to drag and drop those files) on the dock or shelf (WorkShelf). Just press “either SHIFT or CTRL while dragging” to drop it which also prevents it from changing the icon.

Here is the page where all of the info for Winstep Xtreme is located. Jorge, job well done!! This is by far the speediest and best Winstep Xtreme yet!!

http://www.winstep.net/news/winstep_xtr ... leased.asp

Post subject: Re: Latest Version of Winstep Xtreme 17.12 Drag and Drop
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:39 pm 

ugh!! I'm on FB too much. Was looking for a thumbs up button.
Nice post Windy. This is a really great update indeed.

Post subject: Re: Latest Version of Winstep Xtreme 17.12 Drag and Drop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:28 pm 

werewolf wrote:
Nice post Windy. This is a really great update indeed.

Thanks!

Jorge is brainstorming again! He's listening to his customers and is in the process of implementing another great idea!

See the thread: So, what's next after v17.12? It's the Sticky at the top of all of the threads.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]