Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Nexus Feature Request: Keyboard Select Trigger Icon Anim
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:20 pm 

Yup... Did it for PowerDVD and it works!

The only "little" annoying thing is that when we pop the dock we have no way of knowing which icon is active has no animation has happened yet so we have to press an arrow key to force an animation.

Also, maybe some users might want the labels to also show up (especially when the dock is filled with "not so obvious" icons)? This is not needed... just wondering if could be useful!

May I suggest to possibly add something in the modules?
I'm not currently sure what the best would be but purists Cinema fans like me like to know what the current desktop refresh rate is (23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 50, 59 & 60). I build my own tool to quickly change it too... Again, not needed... Just a suggestion!

Good work!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MrMazda wrote:
The only "little" annoying thing is that when we pop the dock we have no way of knowing which icon is active has no animation has happened yet so we have to press an arrow key to force an animation.

It will be the dock's first icon. It has to be this way, since the mouse pointer might be nowhere near the dock when you activate it and you don't want docks starting magnified just because the user *might* interact with it via the keyboard.

MrMazda wrote:
Also, maybe some users might want the labels to also show up (especially when the dock is filled with "not so obvious" icons)?

Agreed, fixed that.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:11 pm 

I just had a chance to try it out last night! So far looking great! I just tested it very briefly before putting a movie on, and pretty happy. I'll have to goof with the animations to get one i'm happy with, and setup those exclusions but this thing is ready to start showing off to the home theater crowd I think!

Thanks for listening to our wish-lists and making it a reality so fast. I'm really impressed with how fast it went from a rough idea sent in to a polished beta build.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3