Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Problems with running apps...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:53 pm 

Hello Winstep community.

I noticed that when I have the ''Show indicator on running apps enabled'' when I have more than 3 apps it doesn't show the rest marks.

Also I would suggest to integrate the option to dock the native Windows 10 apps, the ones that are on the Windows Store, for example I want to dock the Mail app and I can't because of the extension :cry:

One last thing to mention is that when I have the dock to be displayed on the desktop but not when I open maximized apps the animation when you hover the mouse in the bottom doesn't work, it works only when I enable the option to completely hide it and show when I move the cursor to the bottom.

Other than that this app is awesome :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Problems with running apps...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You don't mention if you're running the free version of Nexus, Nexus Ultimate or Winstep Xtreme.

Anyway, what version are you running (top right corner of the About tab in Preferences) ?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 pm 

winstep wrote:
You don't mention if you're running the free version of Nexus, Nexus Ultimate or Winstep Xtreme.

Anyway, what version are you running (top right corner of the About tab in Preferences) ?

Sorry, it's the free version of Winstep Nexus and the version is 18.1.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, I'm not aware of any issues with the running indicators, so what you're seeing is probably caused by something else. Can you please post a screenshot of your dock and point out which icons should be displaying a running indicator and aren't?

Also, v18.1 is fully compatible with UWP apps (Windows Store Apps). All you need to do is drag a shortcut of the app from the Windows Start Menu into the dock. What exactly is happening there when you try to do that?

The 'unhide' animation only plays if the dock is hidden, of course. If the dock is just behind a maximized window, it will simply pop up above it - and no animation will be played.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:28 am 

winstep wrote:
Ok, I'm not aware of any issues with the running indicators, so what you're seeing is probably caused by something else. Can you please post a screenshot of your dock and point out which icons should be displaying a running indicator and aren't?

Also, v18.1 is fully compatible with UWP apps (Windows Store Apps). All you need to do is drag a shortcut of the app from the Windows Start Menu into the dock. What exactly is happening there when you try to do that?

The 'unhide' animation only plays if the dock is hidden, of course. If the dock is just behind a maximized window, it will simply pop up above it - and no animation will be played.

Here are some pictures:

- Mail App docked

- Trying to execute it (it says can't find the element)

- Running apps (mark in CCleaner isn't showing)

- Opened one more app

- All opened windows

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]