Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: After Win10 Upgrade: no update from Nexus possible
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:25 pm 

After installing a windows 10 upgrade last night, nexus ultimate did not start anymore. I completely dismounted and tried a reinstall. this too failed. only in "safe mode" I could reinstall nexus.

Back in the "normal mode" (secured mode = no internet), I tried now, the necessary update to install, but this does not work: when unpacking the update hangs completely on. And always in the same place: (see picture).
I have also been waiting unsuccessfully for several hours (5). What could be the cause?

Is it possible to get a manual update file for nexus ultimate?

Addendum: After restarting Windows 10, I found that the newly installed and absolutely unmodified Nexus Ultimate does not start again. The program hangs up during the process "Design file is unpacked" and is stopped by the system (according to Task Manager). After a restart, I have the following error message for all internal Nexus Ultimate Design * .zip files: Image

Analogous: "There is a conflict with an existing design. Is the imported design a winstep design (for example, not a third-party dock design)? Yes - No"

Post subject: Re: After Win10 Upgrade: no update from Nexus possible
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. Are you running an Insider (beta) version of Windows 10?
2. What version of Nexus Ultimate are you running?
3. Have you already tried temporarily disabling your Anti-Virus software before re-installing Nexus?
4. What happens if you say 'Yes' to all the dialogs asking that question?

So far I haven't had any other reports of problems with new Windows 10 updates and Winstep software.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:37 pm 

THX for answere!

to 1.: No. My Verion is 10.0.16299.309 (Windows 10 Pro 64bit) with all updates/upgrades of the last 3 month.
to 2.: My Nexus Version is 18.01.1078 by last installation without updates.
to 3.: On the system, apart from the MS Defender, no antivirus software is installed. There is a daily manual scan for malware with an external program. The Defender was temporarily disabled because he is not active in safe mode and I wanted to exclude him as a cause.
to 4.: I can not answer that question because it does not apply to any point, but I can imagine what they would answer then ;)

Since I am getting error messages while unzipping the ZIP files for the design while trying to update the program: can missing rights be a cause? I have no influence on the installation routine (what will be installed where). But I know that the program does not start properly if it has elevated rights. And I gave that to him because it promised me a solution.

Remains the question of a setup file, with which I could do the installation manually: these are not there?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't identify you as a customer based on the email address you used to register with the forums, sorry.

Can you please send me either a private message here or an email to the Winstep support address (suppport@winstep.net) with the email address and/or name you used when you purchased Nexus Ultimate?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 pm 

Mail away. THX.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks! Sent you the link to the full version of Nexus Ultimate...

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]