Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Persistent Issue - Dock overlapping maximized applications
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am 

I have my dock fixed to the top of my screen and have it centered. I have the settings set to "Always below other windows", "prevent maximized windows from overlapping the dock" is unchecked, and, "ignore edge bumps near titlebar area of maximized windows" is checked but it still steals focus from maximized windows. This has been an issue for me across multiple versions of Winstep. Is there another setting that I am missing that needs to be enabled/disabled in order for the dock not to overlap maximized applications?

Post subject: Re: Persistent Issue - Dock overlapping maximized applicatio
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:24 am 

I think I found the setting combination needed.

I set the option "Keep dock always above other windows" to "Same as other windows" and unchecked both "bring dock forward when the mouse pointer bumps screen edge" and "bring dock forward on mouse over".

It is a bit misleading as when its set to "Always below other windows" those options are grayed" and implies that either option wouldn't be necessary to disable but I think its working as I would like it to.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]