Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Anti-Clockwise Clock, Anybody?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:20 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Just wondering if there's anyone out there in these forums who would just love to have a (analogue) clock that goes counterclockwise?

I always loved those things and used to have an antique/collectible mechanical example in late Art Nouveau, but sadly it died eventually and was totally uneconomical to repair. Maybe it's being left-handed/ambidextrous that I always liked things that in one way or another were opposite to the norm.

A real bonus of the counterclockwise clock was that it used to really confuse f*** out of people! ;) Imagine having that on your desktop and completely bewildering anyone looking in on it. Fun, eh?

I might even do a theme one of these days where all the metering modules go the 'wrong' way round. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Anti-Clockwise Clock, Anybody?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
Just wondering if there's anyone out there in these forums who would just love to have a (analogue) clock that goes counterclockwise?

[...]

Fun, eh?

[...]

I might even do a theme one of these days where all the metering modules go the 'wrong' way round. :)

C'mon, Jorge! It wouldn't be that hard. Internally, it could be just a "flip on y axis" setting and then render it that way. (Easy for me to say, I know.)

Nexter (Ric), do the theme! Do the theme!

-DesertDwarf (aka, the "other" Ric)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
nexter wrote:
[...]
Fun, eh?
[...]

C'mon, Jorge! It wouldn't be that hard. Internally, it could be just a "flip on y axis" setting and then render it that way. (Easy for me to say, I know.)

LOL! Apart from those sort of complications.... At present, that would mean you'd have to stick with a clock theme that does have a counterclockwise clock, or to have to switch whenever you switch to a normal one. Would be better perhaps once we have multiple modules?
DesertDwarf wrote:
Nexter (Ric), do the theme! Do the theme!

LOL! Well, I think I have just the thing in mind, a design that just invites this sort of thing - histograms and bars going right to left. Going to work on it further soon, but there are obstacles to new themes at present (such as no theme builder) that make the whole theme configuration process very, very tricky. E.g., at the moment I'm really struggling with configuring an animated desktop recycler mod, dual Net In/Net Out mod with separate bitmaps, NextSTART Taskbar (I've done them in the past but none that can serve as a guide to the way I want to do it now), etc., in several themes.

But, we'll get there.... eventually.... :)
DesertDwarf wrote:
-DesertDwarf (aka, the "other" Ric)

OMG! Another one? ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well, the 'other' Ric (aka DesertDwarf) - here's something to gaze at and wish for. :)
Attachment:
WsClockRough.jpg
WsClockRough.jpg [ 32.81 KiB | Viewed 9603 times ]

Coulkdn't resist doing a quick mock-up of the first design I've had in mind for a counterclockwise clock. Just the rough clock face itself. Gill Sans, of course. (One of my top fave typefaces.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:07 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Looks good, Ric!

I can't wait to see a finished and polished version.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
Looks good, Ric!

Thanks Ric. :)
DesertDwarf wrote:
I can't wait to see a finished and polished version.

Ah well, that's up to Jorge, in part at least in that it depends on whether we actually get a counterclockwise clock. And sadly, so far Jorge's initial response was a very assertive 'NO!'.... ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]