Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus Dock is covering windows...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:03 pm 

Hello. My main and only issue is my Nexus Dock covering all the windows if I set it "On the top". Somehow it was working well before I logged into another Windows account. How can I fix it?

Post subject: Re: Nexus Dock is covering windows...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Settings are individual for each user on your PC, so you likely forgot to copy the same exact configuration.

When you set a dock to be 'always on top', that is exactly what it does: it remains on top of all other windows.

If the dock is docked to a screen edge, you can make it reserve screen space so maximized windows do not cover it (Position tab in Preferences). Alternatively, you can make the dock auto-hide whenever you open a maximized window (Behavior tab in Preferences).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:51 pm 

I mean, I want it to look like this:

So you see in the screen, my Chrome window is maximized and doesn't cover the areas left and right to the Nexus Dock. I want the bottom clear, only Nexus Dock to be right there. I'm sure I did it somehow and I remember it took me quite long to make this.

And I had it docked to a screen edge all the time. I checked the 3 first options in Position and still does not help.

PS: OK, I've noticed that my bottom of screen is coverd only by Nexus Dock on my first monitor (which I usually turn off because it's the laptop one), the issue is only on the second monitor which I'm currently using all the time.

PS2: I've finally fixed it! Just had to check some options in monitor settings, log out and log in again to my Windows account and it worked! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kewis94 wrote:
PS2: I've finally fixed it! Just had to check some options in monitor settings, log out and log in again to my Windows account and it worked! :)

Let me guess: you're running Windows 10 and had different DPI settings per monitor.

Yeah, that can throw a wrench in the works. Per-monitor DPI settings are not supported yet.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:29 pm 

winstep wrote:
Settings are individual for each user on your PC, so you likely forgot to copy the same exact configuration.

When you set a dock to be 'always on top', that is exactly what it does: it remains on top of all other windows.

If the dock is docked to a screen edge, you can make it reserve screen space so maximized windows do not cover it (Position tab in Preferences). Alternatively, you can make the dock auto-hide whenever you open a maximized window (Behavior tab in Preferences).

Class, clear answer. More precisely, you cannot formulate it. Not only the docking station, but also many other programs support individual settings for each user of one computer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:40 pm 

Hello,

and how to reduce the space between maximized windows and the dock?

Best Regards.

Attachments:
2021-06-25 20_36_07-.jpg
2021-06-25 20_36_07-.jpg [ 223.55 KiB | Viewed 7969 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]