Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Weather Module - Info Totally Out!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:12 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same, but the data I get for my location are consistently out, sometimes way out.

E.g., the info I get might be something like this - Temp 23C, Wind Dir 20 deg., Wind Speed 16km/h, Sky Fair, RH 60%, Pressure 1018mB....

The reality might be more like - Temp 19C, Wind blowing a gale from SE, Sky Obscured, RH 87%, Pressure 1004mB....!

The latter would be the data for my locale from the BBC weather site and pretty close to the actual conditions here. I don't know where on earth Weather.com get their data from, but AFAIC they might as well report the weather on Saturn! Totally friggin' useless. Now I know the nearest UK Met Office station is about 14 miles from here. And a friend happens to live within a couple of miles of that and uses an app on his mobile that uses Met Office Data. And we often compare 'notes', so to speak. For his location, his data are pretty much spot on, and they don't usually vary by very much from conditions here. Certainly nothing like the variance observable from the Weather.com data.

Oh, and my locale is spot on, down to the last sec of a degree of arc.

If the BBC as well as the Met Office can get it more or less right, why can't Weather.com!? They seem a waste of space.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]