Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Restoring a minimized window sends it off monitor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:27 pm 

I just installed Nexus Ultimate and used it for a couple days on Windows 7 machine. It seems to work fine for 30 minutes or so, but eventually gets to a state where restoring a minimized window from the dock sends the window off-monitor (I'm using a laptop with it's internal screen folded down, connected to a docking station with a single monitor).

Has anyone experienced this before? How to fix?

If I close the application (losing my work), then re-open it, Nexus Ultimate works fine for another 30 minutes or so, but eventually the situation repeats. Very frustrating.

Post subject: Re: Restoring a minimized window sends it off monitor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm 

timerr wrote:
I just installed Nexus Ultimate and used it for a couple days on Windows 7 machine. It seems to work fine for 30 minutes or so, but eventually gets to a state where restoring a minimized window from the dock sends the window off-monitor (I'm using a laptop with it's internal screen folded down, connected to a docking station with a single monitor).

Has anyone experienced this before? How to fix?

If I close the application (losing my work), then re-open it, Nexus Ultimate works fine for another 30 minutes or so, but eventually the situation repeats. Very frustrating.

dont know if developer has already left for his vacation, he will be of more help than me, but:
is the monitor you are using set as primary monitor? what windows version are you using? are the monitors set to same resolution?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ric, I should bloody hope Jorge's gone off on his holiday and even reached it by now, unless he's gone to Australia. But then, who'd go to Oz anyway - it's like women over 50 - everybody knows where it is, nobody wants to go there. ;) ;) (With apologies to Australia and Aussies - no offense meant.)

I sometimes use my laptop with an external monitor as primary, higher res than laptop and laptop closed off and everything on the primary monitor only. But, I'm running Win10 Pro 64 bit, so that might make a difference. However, never had *any* problems so far.

Afraid no idea what could be happening or what could be causing the problem. It'll have to keep till Jorge returns in about a week's time. Unless he can't keep away from his laptop, damn workaholic! :P

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
It'll have to keep till Jorge returns in about a week's time. Unless he can't keep away from his laptop, damn workaholic! :P

As if I would let you guys play around here unsupervised lol

Timerr, I really don't think what is happening has anything to do with Winstep (at least not directly). Restoring/miniimizing a window simply changes that windows *state*. Any size/position changes that implies are all handled by Windows itself.

Perhaps you have a 3rd party application interfering with that?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
nexter wrote:
It'll have to keep till Jorge returns in about a week's time. Unless he can't keep away from his laptop, damn workaholic! :P

As if I would let you guys play around here unsupervised lol

Damn you Jorge, not fair! ;) LOL! You really can't keep away, can you! Enjoy your break.
winstep wrote:
Timerr, I really don't think what is happening has anything to do with Winstep (at least not directly). Restoring/miniimizing a window simply changes that windows *state*. Any size/position changes that implies are all handled by Windows itself.

Perhaps you have a 3rd party application interfering with that?

Like Windowblinds, by any chance? That used to do stuff like that....

Until you can get this sorted, make sure you save your work before minimising. (Always a good plan anyway, frequent saves.)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:05 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
Ric, I should bloody hope Jorge's gone off on his holiday...

Wait, there's three of us? Or did the Nexter Ric just slip a gear and forget the "other" Ric is me? Hmm.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The latter lol

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
nexter wrote:
Ric, I should bloody hope Jorge's gone off on his holiday...

Wait, there's three of us? Or did the Nexter Ric just slip a gear and forget the "other" Ric is me? Hmm.

winstep wrote:
The latter lol

LOLOL! I'm taking it as a given that there are only two of us, hence omitting the 'other'. Also taking it as a given that we're all what the bl***y feminists these days call male chauvinist 'misogynist' pigs. :P LOL!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]