Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: More On Anti-Clockwise Clocks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
Yeah, certainly was. Thought you were unwinding after all the effort of 18.8, Jorge? Have some serious game-play time, or better still, get out, meet friends etc. etc. :)

That was easy and quick to implement. I'm really busy tying loose ends now, e.g.; Winstep web site. Added a new page explaining modules HERE and expanded the Internal Commands page using highlighted examples HERE.

Check them out! :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
nexter wrote:
Yeah, certainly was. Thought you were unwinding after all the effort of 18.8, Jorge? Have some serious game-play time, or better still, get out, meet friends etc. etc. :)

That was easy and quick to implement. I'm really busy tying loose ends now, e.g.; Winstep web site. Added a new page explaining modules HERE and expanded the Internal Commands page using highlighted examples HERE.

Check them out! :)

Feck Jorge, you've been a very busy boy I'd say! Excellently done though I have to add - these could all form a part of a Complete Users' Guide To Winstep eventually, with a bit of editing and tweaking here and there. (By users' guide I mean a purely *users'* guide, not including skinning which should, at least IMO, be a separate guide.) It's better written than about anything in this sort of way I've seen before btw, so, bravo, sir! :)

Particularly also like the complete IC list - some are not very self-explanatory to new users, so this really was important. (Also, of course, for NextSTART we need a complete guide and list to all the different types of menus and their various options where applicable.)

This should really be in a topic of its own or in the "So, what's next after 18.8" one, where it probably would be seen by more folks, don't you think?

But you should have been taking it easy for a change Jorge, like I was saying in my previous. There's more to life than all this, and life is short - go grab as much of it as you can while you can. :)

At some point - not immediately, understand - do you think we could change your mind about a quick anti-clockwise option for the clock module (analogue), which really shouldn't be too difficult to do (I think)? And how about a 24-hr option, and also both combined? Pretty please with a cherry on top? ;) (Otherwise, we have ways of making you do it - e.g., we have pictures and stuff.... ;) )

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:01 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Found it! That historic counter-clockwise clock in the Czech Rep. mentioned elsewhere in here is the Prague Astronomical Clock, as shown below. One of many such historic examples and certainly one of the most attractive ones.

And another point that occurred to me in the meantime. Wouldn't it be nice if we could also specify which position should be the starting one, ie., 12/24 hrs. (For all permutations of clock of course.) So we could have say 12 am starting in the 'normal' 5,6, 9, 10 o'clock position or wherever! :)

The whole thing could also make for a very nice stand-alone!
Attachment:
400px-Prague_Astronomical_Clock_(8341899828).jpg
400px-Prague_Astronomical_Clock_(8341899828).jpg [ 105.88 KiB | Viewed 7268 times ]

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Having now run a 24-hr clock - albeit with 2 complete circuits for the full 24 hours - with just one hand and only quarter-hour sub-divisions rather than mins. (alongside DanDaBear's excellent anti-clockwise Rainmeter clock) for a number of days, I must say it's a rather pleasant experience. Although I need no encouragement to 'slow down', it certainly helps not to have minutes and seconds ticking by and has a pleasantly calming effect.

Alas, the seconds (and minutes) remain in any in-shelf/-dock clocks. I tried setting the second hand width to zero pixels in the config file, but alas to no effect. It's a clock, not a watch, so it should at least have the option to turn seconds off. The same should apply to desktop clocks - making them invisible by using a fully transparent bitmap just wastes resources on animating an invisible object! ;)

Anyway, I think the case - no pun intended! - for a proper, single-circuit 24-hr clock option is a strong one indeed. More choice - people can use it or not. Do. for an anti-clockwise option. Neither surely can be much work to implement as an option with the existing module, if it can be done so simply in Rainmeter, what say, Jorge?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:02 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

And here we have an example of an anti-clockwise 24-hr clock, or a 24-hr clock that runs backwards, if you like. :)

How long shall we have to wait before anti-clockwise and single-pass 24-hr options will be added to the "to do (eventually)" list, Jorge? ;)
Attachment:
001011_AClock24hr10.png
001011_AClock24hr10.png [ 76 KiB | Viewed 7168 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3