Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Activating Shelf Engages "ALT" key.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:55 pm 

I get all the best problems, right? Anyway, I bought a new machine and it's about 99% ready except for a problem with Nexus. I have the shelf activate with an edge bump, but somehow it also engages the ALT key. I can verify this with the on-screen keyboard.

If I tap the physical ALT key, the OSK shows the ALT key highlighted momentarily. When I activate the shelf, the OSK ALT key highlights and stays lit. Windows then acts as if I'm ALT-typing or ALT-clicking. I can disengage ALT by tapping the physical ALT key. Interestingly, when I was checking preferences for the shelf, and the shelf activated, it also engaged the ALT key.

I've tested different activation methods. As far as I can tell, bump and mouseover cause the problem, but not swipe? Is there a hotkey method? Also, it only happens with the shelf, none of my other three docks.

Thanks for checking this out.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Activating Shelf Engages "ALT" key.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Read the second part of THIS POST (the part highlighting the Alt key) for an explanation and then let me know what you think might be happening there.

This is an issue that was fixed in v18.3, and I never run into it again since then.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]