Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: New Trash
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

One of my new recycler themes is nearly done - I guess one could call it an RC version.

It consists of both desktop and in-shelf/-dock animations (the desktop version has 8 frames, plus of course 'Empty' and 'Full' states) and is intended/most suitable for higher resolutions. Basic size for the DT is 256 px. sq., which is the optimum one, and for the in-shelf I would suggest nothing smaller than an icon size setting of ~96 px.

The theme also comes with its own sound theme.

As a result of all this, it is rather large of course. And it might get larger still as I might actually increase the icon size to 512 px. (I've been working at 1024 px. initially, then later 512), but with a basic setting for the DT of 256. This would be to allow for better scaling.

If anybody is interested in giving this a test run I could let them have the RC. Oh, and it is something of a novelty thing and incidentally looks best with confirmations disabled.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: New Trash
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:14 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Right, the theme is pretty much done now I reckon, and I decided to stick with 256 pixel base and recommended desktop size. It will scale larger still, but it doesn't really make too much sense. I've also added two sound file, for delete and empty.

The original cartoon of the desktop animation consisted of some 20-odd frames, but I eventually shortened this to a mere 8. Pity really, it would have been a lot smoother and more powerful, but also too long and far too big (eating up much more resources also), especially in view of the large sound files also.

Anyway, here's a quick 50% scale preview of the empty icon by way of a tease/preview.

Yes, it's another of my Dadaist creations - a bit of fun but also a statement piece.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:16 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The first of the new trash themes is now done. It's called The Dada Atomic Disintegrator©, or TheDadaNuke© for short. More about it in previous posts. But here's a preview of the 'Empty' (ES) and 'Full' (FS) icons in full 256 px. size.

:Edit: It will also be part of a complete Dada theme, currently in its early (paper) design stage. :/Edit:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

For the time being at least, I think I'll keep "The Dada Nuke" out of general circulation and just incorporate it into its over-all Winstep Xtreme theme, which is now starting to take a bit more shape with some preliminary, partly done bitmaps inc. an as yet unfinished wallpaper.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]