Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Stardock and ObjectDock
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:14 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
oOSGearOo wrote:
This is all by the by I have yet to be able to replicate this however let me muddy the waters and try and explain.
[...]
Doooood1,d2oooooooock

Muddy the waters you did lol. Please don't be upset, but you REALLY triggered my sense of humor: all that did for me was make you sound like a chicken ehehe :wink:

Unfortunately and despite that it didn't make me understand the problem better. Anyone else wants to chime in? My mind is a complete blank right now. :)

Err, yes, confusion and bewilderment prevail here too Jorge. :)

On looking at it again, the best I can make of it is that he seems to mean to say, he has a dock with two sub-docks, and that the sub-docks somehow (how?!) temporarily overlapped and the first icon of the 2nd sub-dock got copied to the 1st?

Doooork, dooooork, doooork doork! :P

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:05 pm 

nexter wrote:

On looking at it again, the best I can make of it is that he seems to mean to say, he has a dock with two sub-docks, and that the sub-docks somehow (how?!) temporarily overlapped and the first icon of the 2nd sub-dock got copied to the 1st?

I was going possibly to have maid a video of the thing. Any how Nexter you have grasped the facts correctly. I am not 100% sure how or if the subdocks over lapped but the fact that the icons transferred is exactly what happened, leaving behind the originals.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

oOSGearOo wrote:
nexter wrote:

I was going possibly to have maid a video of the thing. Any how Nexter you have grasped the facts correctly. I am not 100% sure how or if the subdocks over lapped but the fact that the icons transferred is exactly what happened, leaving behind the originals.

Phew, glad I got at least that bit right then, oOSGearOo (or what do we call you here? - it's a bit of a mouthful ;) ) - thought I was going off my head!

Still don't understand how two separate sub-menus could overlap in the first place, something very queer must have been going on there. They shouldn't even open at the same time - unless it's a sub-menu and its own (sub-)sub-menu....

:Edit: ISTR though that in the Fiend.app under NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP it was possible to open several sub-docks at once, unless I'm very much mistaken. However, this is not supported by NeXus, as far as I'm aware. :/Edit:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Stacks Docklet
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Only if you accidentally dragged one item from a sub-dock to another.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2