Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Using the dock on a Tablet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm 

Hello,

I am currently using a 2 in 1 tablet with Winstep installed. I often switch between tablet only mode and using the keyboard with my tablet. The dock is setup to auto-hide when not in use which works great when using my keyboard/Trackpad. The question is.. Any suggestion as to what the best way to show the Dock when in tablet mode?

I would be ok if I could setup an icon/button on the desktop that would activate/show the dock. Here are things I rather NOT do:
    - Use NextStep (I really dislike that system and currently have it disabled)
    - Use shelf/drawers (I am also not a fan)
    - Have my dock ALWAYS SHOW

Is there a Nexus setting that I might have overlooked that would make it 'tablet friendly'?

I have tried a lot of docks and they are all not tablet friendly. However, after using the Nexus dock for over a week now, I have found it incredibly flexible and powerful so I have hope there MIGHT be a solution to this age old problem.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Using the dock on a Tablet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you tried enabling Swipe activation? Granted, it will have to be an horizontal gesture instead of swiping down, but by changing the Swipe settings you might be able to accomplish something acceptable there.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Using the dock on a Tablet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:48 pm 

winstep wrote:
Have you tried enabling Swipe activation? Granted, it will have to be an horizontal gesture instead of swiping down, but by changing the Swipe settings you might be able to accomplish something acceptable there.

I did try that, but in my hurry didn't fully read the text above the option. I was definitely not swiping in the correct location. I will try it again when I get to my tablet.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]