Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 675 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v18.10?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
If I set the workshelf "always on top" each sub grid stack will open behind it. Once set to normal they open at the top of the z order.

Fixed.

sacco_belmonte wrote:
Also, for some reason they reverted back to normal theme even if my main theme is colorized. I'm assuming there is a new way to theme them?

I fixed this already too. Now they should have *exactly* the same settings as the parent Grid Stack.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:20 am 

winstep wrote:
Just added a new option:

"Do not flip icon row order when the shelf is docked at the top of the screen"

The Ascending/Descending works much better now. :) However, the default is right to left. Where is that option and can that change it to left to right?

In the screenshot, I have some items there (like my external hard drives) that I don't remember putting there. Is it normal for them to be there? I probably notice them now because most everything is now in alphabetical order.

Look to the left of Zoom Player which is the last "true" Desktop Item. Some of my external drives, a couple of folders that have my browser backup settings, One Drive, and another browser folder.

Also, Control Panel, Libraries, Network. I thought those would be under a different tab. Just curious as to the reasoning of them being there and why some of them (like the browser folders) aren't in alphabetical order.

Attachment:
Winstep Xtreme Top Shelf-Descending.jpg
Winstep Xtreme Top Shelf-Descending.jpg [ 690.83 KiB | Viewed 13873 times ]

EDIT: Jorge, did you do something to how the volume mixer works? I remember in the past I was not able to get the Shelf collapse sound louder without making "Say The Time" louder. I remember years ago requesting that you have an option to be able to adjust the volume of "Say The Time" separately. Now I can! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:24 pm 

winstep wrote:
oOSGearOo wrote:
Firstly being through the power option Icons in control panel in a shelf are not displaying properly we have still the “?”Icon.

Fixed your question mark (?) Power Options icon, you nitpicker! :wink:

You didn't say anything about your previous pet peeve, the Network tab.

I mention it not! I find no continuing fault with it.

I have the main shelf docked at the bottom of the screen as per the videos, have you changed the properties and activation buttons for the properties. It used to be the other way about now though its activation of the left hand side and properties action over the right it used to be the other way around, it their a setting to change it?
I speak of the little square icon and the little triangle buttons.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:38 pm 

winstep wrote:
sacco_belmonte wrote:
If I set the workshelf "always on top" each sub grid stack will open behind it. Once set to normal they open at the top of the z order.

Fixed.

sacco_belmonte wrote:
Also, for some reason they reverted back to normal theme even if my main theme is colorized. I'm assuming there is a new way to theme them?

I fixed this already too. Now they should have *exactly* the same settings as the parent Grid Stack.

Awesome.

Dood, take a break :) is sunday. Go eat some pastelinhos de nata. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
Dood, take a break :) is sunday. Go eat some pastelinhos de nata. :D

LOL. Did already, they were soggy because it was raining too much. :wink:

Anyway, regarding those crazy grid stacks: do they also act like that immediately after restarting the application?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 pm 

They do, that behavior started right after updating, then I tried closing and re launching and stayed the same.

It happens also that when I open my tool folder I get partially no text under the icons. It only happens once after launch.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:42 pm 

I tried fresh pastel de nata from Ericeira, Portugal. Gosh! that was delicious.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
They do, that behavior started right after updating, then I tried closing and re launching and stayed the same.

Found the problem, fixed it, thanks! :)

sacco_belmonte wrote:
It happens also that when I open my tool folder I get partially no text under the icons. It only happens once after launch.

This is a new one, lol

Only happens with that folder or it happens with whatever the first grid stack you open is?

sacco_belmonte wrote:
I tried fresh pastel de nata from Ericeira, Portugal. Gosh! that was delicious.

Pasteis de nata rock!!! :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:27 am 

Quote:
This is a new one, lol

Only happens with that folder or it happens with whatever the first grid stack you open is?

It happens each time I load, and happens on the first gridstack with lots of icons I click on. Consistently.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
It happens each time I load, and happens on the first gridstack with lots of icons I click on. Consistently.

Ok, thanks, I will try to reproduce the issue here. Didn't yet because here your folders are obviously empty eheh. All it should take is make them point to some folders that actually exist here.

My bet is that this has something to do with the fact that you have the main Shelf disabled, and something is not getting initialized as it should.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:

Still unable to reproduce here. :cry:

Does it also happen on Grid Stacks with *less icons* ?

Also, what if you wait a little bit before opening your first Grid Stack?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:32 am 

It doesn't happen with those with less icons. I need to click on one with lots.

After some time nothing happens. Only by clicking and making the same or any other gridstack appear that the icon text comes back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
After some time nothing happens. Only by clicking and making the same or any other gridstack appear that the icon text comes back.

Oh no, I mean, restart Xtreme and then wait 30 seconds or so to open the first Grid Stack with lots of icons. Still happens if you wait?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:59 am 

Behaves in the same way (no text) after restarting workshelf, restarting it and waiting for about 1min before clicking on the gridstack in question.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, that is probably a timing issue, so it would be very difficult for me to reproduce here (I haven't been able thus far). I therefore tightened the timings of everything I could think of that might result in what you are seeing and I can only hope for the best at this point.

New beta is out, should fix most if not all the issues reported here for the last beta. Click your 'Check for Updates' button.

If the nagging issues in the previous beta are now indeed solved, I'm going to need some feedback on the Quick Search Bar.

For instance, when should it be automatically dismissed? For instance, if you want to filter a bunch of JPGs so you can work only on those, the persistence of the Search Bar until you press ESC can be very useful. Others would argue that the Search Bar should be immediately dismissed after launching one of those JPGs.

Remember, the Search Bar is not only a way to quick search items - it is also a filter. Two different functions, IMO.

Finally, throw the developer a bone: don't just report bugs or issues, also say something nice about any new things you see that you like (if any). Everyone needs a pat in the head from time to time. :) :oops:

Do you think the glow looks cool? Say so. If not, also say so anyway lol. What did you think of the size of the Search Bar now that you could see it in action? Font size? etc...

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 675 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 45  Next