Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 675 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v18.10?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

sacco_belmonte wrote:
It doesn't happen with those with less icons. I need to click on one with lots.

After some time nothing happens. Only by clicking and making the same or any other gridstack appear that the icon text comes back.

Jorge, this sounds very similar to the problem I reported earlier this year with some module texts displaying in a smaller size than set and some graphics in modules not loading on first starting Xtreme, and all only coming right if I re-load the theme. The text seems to have largely normalised but the graphic problem (affecting the battery module - the bar, to be exact - still persists. So still keep having to reload theme every time Xtreme starts. No more problems with that afterwards though.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:39 pm 

The quick find function works wonderfully here.

The following video shows some of it, and also shows one of the folders won't open as grid stack (guitar vids). I right clicked on folders and opened properties for you to see if you find what's going on.

If I right click on any other folder I can see "Open as Gridstack" but not on the Guitar Vid folder. If I right click on that one it shows "properties" which don't show in the "normal" folders. And that one doesn't show "Open as Gridstack"...maybe cause it has too many elements?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
The following video shows some of it, and also shows one of the folders won't open as grid stack (guitar vids). I right clicked on folders and opened properties for you to see if you find what's going on.

Well, that is not a real folder, is it? It's a *shortcut* to a folder. :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:56 pm 

Yeah it is. I thought that would also open as gridstack. So if you think is the way it should then is not a bug :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
Yeah it is. I thought that would also open as gridstack. So if you think is the way it should then is not a bug :)

Not a bug at all: it's just that nothing happens without the developer having anticipated it first. :)

I might still be able to get shortcuts to folders to open as Grid Stacks, but I have to make sure there are no drawbacks to it first.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
The quick find function works wonderfully here.

By the way, you don't need to delete the characters one by one to dismiss the search filter - just press ESC.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:20 pm 

winstep wrote:
sacco_belmonte wrote:

Not a bug at all: it's just that nothing happens without the developer having anticipated it first. :)

I might still be able to get shortcuts to folders to open as Grid Stacks, but I have to make sure there are no drawbacks to it first.

Nice :) I always have that specific folder open in my machine and it would be wonderful if I could just browse/search from the dock. :)

Quote:
By the way, you don't need to delete the characters one by one to dismiss the search filter - just press ESC.

Ah, awesome :) I didn't try cause I assumed that would close the gridstack. It works great here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sacco_belmonte wrote:
Ah, awesome :) I didn't try cause I assumed that would close the gridstack. It works great here.

First ESC closes the Search Box. Second ESC closes the Grid Stack.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:21 pm 

Hi Jorge
Something is broken with quick search feature.
I have a Shelf containing "Main,Apps,Recent,Control Panel,documents, quick launch Desktop, themes, tasks , drives"

I find I can type till the cows come home in quick search feature on "Recent", "Desktop", "Themes"

There seems to be a limit to the amount off characters one can enter, however it is not caught in the aforementioned tabs of shelf.
Its not caught as in the others if you start typing and nothing is displayed then the bell/windows no sounds, and you cant type any more.

This also happens on certain GStacks when searching notably"Desktop"

Replicatable and I can make a video if u require, and also pm u my settings if that helps.

Throwing a bone I now note that the "?" Icon for Control panel>power options is fixed.

Further to another post I note that the properties button for the shelf is now on the right hand side where it was on the left hand side of the shelf previously.

I really like the GS, and the functionality you are building into them, further bone added :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:38 pm 

Jorge, did you see this post? You didn't respond. There are several questions I asked.
Windy wrote:
winstep wrote:
Just added a new option:

"Do not flip icon row order when the shelf is docked at the top of the screen"

The Ascending/Descending works much better now. :) However, the default is right to left. Where is "Do not flip icon row order when the shelf is docked at the top of the screen" and can that change it to left to right?

In the screenshot, I have some items there (like my external hard drives) that I don't remember putting there. Is it normal for them to be there? I probably notice them now because most everything is now in alphabetical order.

Look to the left of Zoom Player which is the last "true" Desktop Item. Some of my external drives, a couple of folders that have my browser backup settings, One Drive, and another browser folder.

Also, Control Panel, Libraries, Network. I thought those would be under a different tab. Just curious as to the reasoning of them being there and why some of them (like the browser folders) aren't in alphabetical order.

Attachment:
Winstep Xtreme Top Shelf-Descending.jpg
Winstep Xtreme Top Shelf-Descending.jpg [ 690.83 KiB | Viewed 13936 times ]

EDIT: Jorge, did you do something to how the volume mixer works? I remember in the past I was not able to get the Shelf collapse sound louder without making "Say The Time" louder. I remember years ago requesting that you have an option to be able to adjust the volume of "Say The Time" separately. Now I can! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

oOSGearOo wrote:
Something is broken with quick search feature.
I have a Shelf containing "Main,Apps,Recent,Control Panel,documents, quick launch Desktop, themes, tasks , drives"

It's not broken, it kind of is by design, but I see your point. Those tabs display special items (like 'More Themes' in the Themes tab, for instance, or 'Hide/Show Desktop Icons' in the Desktop tab) that are not part of the folder itself and are always included regardless of the current Search Filter.

Anyway, I changed it so the Search Bar also starts beeping when only those are visible.

oOSGearOo wrote:
Further to another post I note that the properties button for the shelf is now on the right hand side where it was on the left hand side of the shelf previously.

Sorry, forgot to comment on your previous observation regarding this subject. The 'Switch shelf mini-tab functions' setting in Shelf Properties -> Behavior tab -> More Options dialog used to be a 'per-Shelf' setting but that has been changed so it is now global (i.e.; applies to all Shelves).

I did this by setting the new global option to whatever the setting was in your main default Shelf - you must have previously enabled the option for the default Shelf and forgot about it.

Just go to the dialog described above and disable or enable the setting as required.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
The Ascending/Descending works much better now. :) However, the default is right to left. Where is that option and can that change it to left to right?

Seems to me you are mixing 'Sort Order' with 'Icon Row Order'.

Windy wrote:
In the screenshot, I have some items there (like my external hard drives) that I don't remember putting there. Is it normal for them to be there? I probably notice them now because most everything is now in alphabetical order.

That's your Desktop tab, and no, it's not normal for those to be there, looks like you dragged the contents of 'My Computer' to your Windows Desktop. Enable your Desktop icons and see what you did there more clearly.

Windy wrote:
Just curious as to the reasoning of them being there and why some of them (like the browser folders) aren't in alphabetical order.

Enable your desktop icons and see for yourself why they are there. As for folders and special shell items, they are always grouped together and displayed first regardless of Sort Order.

Windy wrote:
Jorge, did you do something to how the volume mixer works? I remember in the past I was not able to get the Shelf collapse sound louder without making "Say The Time" louder. I remember years ago requesting that you have an option to be able to adjust the volume of "Say The Time" separately. Now I can! :D :D :D

No, I didn't do anything regarding Mixers. It's just that voices (and other MP3 files) are played by the external WsMMPlay.exe application and the other sounds by the application itself.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
thank you Jorge

Happy?

Or were you already used to how it was? :wink: :lol:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 pm 

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:
thank you Jorge

Happy?

Or were you already used to how it was? :wink: :lol:

happy. i got used enough to use it but not for it to feel right

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 pm 

Workshelf randomly threw this message.

Still running fine though.

Attachments:
2018-11-13_17-07-17.jpg
2018-11-13_17-07-17.jpg [ 33.12 KiB | Viewed 13884 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 675 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 45  Next