Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Clicking on preview window doesn't work
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:21 am 

Hi,
If I have multiple Excel spreadsheets open, the dock shows that I have multiple spreadsheets open and when click on Excel it shows a preview for each open spreadsheet. However, clicking on one of the previews does nothing. Am I doing something wrong or does Nexus not open from the previews?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Clicking on preview window doesn't work
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, you can use the previews to open, activate and minimize the applications.

I suspect this might have something to do with the different Excel spreadsheets all co-existing within the same main window.

What version of Office are you using?

Here with Office 2003 (yeah, don't ask lol) when I hover over a the icon of an Excel window with multiple sheets, I get one preview image for each of the sheets *plus* a preview image for the main window. Clicking the main window preview allows me to minimize/restore Excel, while clicking on the sheet previews when Excel is visible allows me to switch to the associated sheet.

Unfortunately I don't have later versions of Office to test this with.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 am 

I am using Office Professional 2016.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:55 am 

I've tried it in Chrome too, unless I'm doing something wrong. For example I have 2 instances of Chrome running, one normal and one incognito with no tabs open. If I hover over the incognito and click on it, it opens. However once it is open it immediately switches back to the other Chrome instance.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nosaj72 wrote:
I've tried it in Chrome too, unless I'm doing something wrong. For example I have 2 instances of Chrome running, one normal and one incognito with no tabs open. If I hover over the incognito and click on it, it opens. However once it is open it immediately switches back to the other Chrome instance.

Well, I just tried it here (Windows 10) with Chrome and it works fine. I can independently control both the regular and the incognito windows via the preview thumbnails.

Perhaps you changed the default actions in Nexus settings?

Open Preferences, go to the Tasks tab, click the Advanced button and check your Tasklist Actions: they should be 'Open Task Menu' for right click, 'Bring to Front/Minimize' when left clicking and 'Close' when middle clicking.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:55 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
No, you can use the previews to open, activate and minimize the applications.

I suspect this might have something to do with the different Excel spreadsheets all co-existing within the same main window.

What version of Office are you using?

Here with Office 2003 (yeah, don't ask lol)...

Nothing wrong with Office Pro 2003, still using it myself on Windows 10, still does all I need it to do. I did get Office Pro 2007 a year ago for a drink, probably put it on Windows 7 system as Apache OpenOffice occasionally presents the odd inadequacy. That said, most of the time using OpenOffice also on Win 10 and then give docs the final 'polish' in MS Office.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]