Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Auto reorder of icons in the system tray
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:22 pm 

This started happening about 6 months ago. I don't know if it is associated with an update. When I put my laptop to sleep, and later reawaken it, Winstep Extreme has reordered the Icons in the System Tray in order of most frequently used. I don't want this to happen - the reason I purchased Winstep is to have control over the placement of the Icons for my workflow. I have looked for an option to change this behavior, but it is not obvious to me. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Auto reorder of icons in the system tray
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What do you mean by 'in order of most frequently used' in relation to the system tray? It would be nice if you could provide a before and after screenshot.

Anyway, if you try to drag one of the system tray icons in order to reposition it, you will find that you can't.

System tray icons cannot be manually sorted, and they are displayed in the order provided by Windows. So, without having looked deeper into this yet, I would say this is an issue with Windows 10 itself, not the Winstep application.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]