Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Winstep can't create a dock on my second monitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:14 pm 

Hi - No matter what I have tried where it says which monitor to create a dock in - it's greyed out and shows my primary.

Even dragging to the 2nd monitor doesn't work, they just snap back.

I will start by saying that the two monitors operate at different resolutions - I don't know if that is causing the issue but there should be a workaround.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Winstep can't create a dock on my second monitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're running Windows 10, right?

The problem is not the different screen resolutions, but that each monitor has a different screen DPI (e.g.; text size is 100% in one but 150% in the other).

Even though Winstep software is system wide high DPI compatible (i.e.; all monitors have the same DPI settings), it is NOT currently per-monitor high DPI compatible (which is new to Windows 10).

Microsoft implemented per-monitor DPI settings in such a way that the OS will literally *lie* to the application about screen resolutions (for instance, it will tell the Winstep application that a 4K monitor at 150% DPI is a monitor with a screen resolution of 2560x1440 instead of 3840x2160). This results in things like what you are experiencing.

Currently and until per-monitor high DPI support is added, the only real work-around is to make all monitors have the same screen DPI.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]