Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: power buttons
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:43 pm 

probably a silly question. but is there a way to put the pc's shutdown/restart/sleep into one button on the dock??

Post subject: Re: power buttons
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:05 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

babagoi wrote:
probably a silly question. but is there a way to put the pc's shutdown/restart/sleep into one button on the dock??

Yes, it is. :)

In the first place, a dock does not have "buttons" - it has icons. And no, of course each icon can only represent one item, be that an app, a folder or an internal command. That said, the dock is not really any kind of good place for internal commands, they are much better accommodated in a NextSTART menu.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:15 pm 

nexter wrote:
babagoi wrote:

In the first place, a dock does not have "buttons" - it has icons. And no, of course each icon can only represent one item, be that an app, a folder or an internal command. That said, the dock is not really any kind of good place for internal commands, they are much better accommodated in a NextSTART menu.

well depending on what version you are running it could be possible to put them into a sub dock?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:44 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
nexter wrote:
babagoi wrote:

well depending on what version you are running it could be possible to put them into a sub dock?

Yes, indeed - however, what an extremely clumsy and ugly way of doing things.

I have to confess I always thought it a very bad idea to enable internal commands, as well as system tray and (non-docked) running apps on the dock, although the last of those isn't so bad especially in a scrollable dock as in Ubuntu Linux.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]