Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Access Violation Error in v19.2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

KayBur wrote:
I wonder what problem we are talking about? It would be interesting to understand.

Read the topic from the beginning and you'll find out. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:50 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

When I read Kaybur's posts, I get the feeling they're a bot. Strangely, they don't seem to be spamming, so I'm not sure.

The wording is just off enough for me to question if they're human. Kaybur, if you're a human, I apologize. Perhaps it's an "English is not my first language" issue and I'm misunderstanding your messages.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:12 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
When I read Kaybur's posts, I get the feeling they're a bot. Strangely, they don't seem to be spamming, so I'm not sure.

The wording is just off enough for me to question if they're human. Kaybur, if you're a human, I apologize. Perhaps it's an "English is not my first language" issue and I'm misunderstanding your messages.

Yeah, the posts do feel very odd to me. And mostly, they feel like they're 'surplus to requirements'. Been waiting for spam but so far as you say, nothing - one of the few times I've been 'disappointed'.

And the spammers seem to be getting bolder and bolder btw. Been signed in and a few buggers came on posting their damn spam! LOL!

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cooperbg wrote:
After doing a research in internet I find the reason and the solution: Acronis True Image 2020, which I installed after WinstepXtreme

Thanks! I think you nailed it and that Acronis Active Protection is the culprit.

I've had problems with it and, IIRC, Jedi Fallen Order, so even though I also use Acronis for backups here I actually have Active Protection disabled. The fact that Acronis software is very popular in Germany would also explain why so many reports were initially coming from Germany.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

alkolkin wrote:
This problem happens to me in both Chrome and Firefox. It is a search for a specific certificate. Just clicking cancel stops the problem for me.

This was a problem in the configuration of the Winstep.net web server. It has been fixed now.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3