Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Error trying to load preferences.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:45 pm 

Hey guys, I made a account just to post this question. I'v installed the "Nexus dock" and im trying to access the preferences tab, however when I click the button to load it, it asks me to "Run Setup.exe to install AutoCAD 2019" the a Windows Installer box appears and crashes on clicking it. I honestly have no idea why its asking me to install AutoCAD. I did have autoCAD installed many moons ago, but I'v completely uninstalled it. Any help would be great.

Post subject: Re: Error trying to load preferences.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi!

This is a known issue with AutoCAD interfering with other applications. They have been aware of the problem for YEARS but never bothered fixing it. Read THIS.

Since you have already uninstalled AutoCAD, then a) it's obvious their uninstaller also sucks and b) not sure what else you can do now.

I don't recommend using Registry Cleaners because they normally do more harm than good, but that is one option though. Another is to reinstall AutoCAD and see if it has an option to perform a complete uninstall.

When all is said and done, you will still have to re-install Nexus to completely fix the problem.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Error trying to load preferences.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 pm 

i would recommend re-installing AutoCad and then uninstalling it with something like 'revo uninstaller pro' (it has a trial version i believe) or googling how to do a clean uninstall

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]