Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Strange interaction with Glyph Client
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:41 pm 

Ok, so this is a bit of strange issue that i've noticed recently. So far it's only happening to a set of apps, but...

Basically, the launcher for Glyph (RIFT, Archeage, Defiance and Trove launcher client) doesn't seems to want to launch via Nexus Ultimate. It works fine directly from the folder, from the desktop and on the start menu... but refuses to launch via Nexus. Doesn't even register as launched when I watch the task manager at the same time.
It just instantly closes without even loading up.

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Strange interaction with Glyph Client
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Over the years I have ran into a couple of applications that behaved like this. Never actually understood why but it seems to be related to some kind of 32 bit vs 64 bit incompatibility (despite Winstep applications being perfectly able to launch other 64 bit applications).

Try creating a shortcut to the file in a folder and then linking directly to the shortcut (.lnk file) in the dock. Dragging the shortcut to the dock WILL NOT WORK, as shortcuts are automatically resolved, you will have to manually type the path to the shortcut's .lnk file.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]