Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: 3 bugs to list... v.19.2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:42 am 

I'll do my best to explain and provide screenshots.

My System:

Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.379

WinStep Nexus Ultimate Version Info:

1 of 3. When looking at the Default Documents tab on the Shelf, it shows both my personal docs and the public folder documents contents. Is this intentional? Is there a way to tell the default documents tab properties to only show what is in the Windows Library Documents?

(I know I can choose to customize the tab properties to point only to my personal docs folder. Perhaps having the option to change what the default Document settings shows would be easier? Show personal and public documents or show only one or the other.)

This same thing is also true for Grids. (cool new feature btw). When choosing a new grid to point to the preset Documents option, it shows both personal and public documents.

Screenshot:

2 of 3. Editing the settings for Task Icon properties, the settings for item A keep changing back after I create a new entry for item B. Very odd.

Screenshot:

3. Lastly, when editing various properties for either a tab on the shelf or a grid stack I have found that random settings, never consistent, also revert after adjusting other areas within the popup window itself before hitting Apply.

Say I tick a couple options on/off on tab A, then move over to another tab, then when I go back to tab A, those settings for tab A have changed back. All before I hit Apply.

Screenshot:

So that is it for now, I'll check back for your input. Loving the latest version!

Steve

Edit: This is my 100th post! w00t!

Post subject: Re: 3 bugs to list... v.19.2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. This is by design. The contents of the public and user folders are deliberately merged into a single tab. Same thing happens with other virtual folders and tabs, such as the Desktop folder.

As you figured out, you can set the Shelf to display only your personal documents folder using a folder-type tab.

2 and 3 - Try as I might, I cannot reproduce any of those here, e.g.; if I change the number of docs in Recent Documents, switch to another tab in the same Properties panel and then go back to the Content tab, the number will still be what I set it to before switching to another tab.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 am 

1. I figured as much.

2/3: It's not you, it's me. : (

lol

ah well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nutrynion wrote:
2/3: It's not you, it's me. : (

LOL. Perhaps if you come up with a step by step, excruciatingly detailed way of reproducing it here... devil is always in the details.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:22 am 

Better yet I resolved the issue simply by deleting the entry and creating a new one.

Still it happened again a couple times, so I'll try to explain in order.

1. Create new entry for customized task -- select Use Partial match -- choose icon -- apply , apply, exit config.

2. I want to change from Partial to Exact. Open Nexus, click Tasks, click Customize Tasks, go to entry, change Partial Match to Exact Match. Apply, apply, exit config.

3. After noticing the latter setting doesn't seem to be working, go back into Customize Tasks to that same entry and discover the setting has reverted back to Partial Match.

That's about it. lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still unable to reproduce. You give it a try there again, doing *only* what you described above then please let me know.

Perhaps it's a combination of different actions?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:35 am 

Well this is speculative at most but the shortcut in question I had created to the program which I was associating a customized icon for in the tasks, had been renamed.

So it was pointing to an invalid item. I forgot I had renamed the shortcut. The task was set to only show for items with similar words in it. Not the program itself, so in the end, it was confused I think.

That's all I can say about it really. I don't think it's a pertinent bug if there is one.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]