Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Effects Panel
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:04 am 

Just wondering, why aren't the launch effects panel items not alphabetized? Every time it takes me forever to find the ones I always use. lol

Post subject: Re: Effects Panel
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No reason in particular, but several reasons to leave it as it is.

The effects are listed in the order they were added to the application. If I sorted them by name, then 'None' would appear at a different location instead of being the very first item as it should, unless I opened an exception for it.

Likewise, the very last handful of effects are only supported in the paid version but are displayed in the free version of Nexus for demo purposes (although they cannot be selected). Again, if I sorted by name an exception would have to be opened for these too in the free version, but it wouldn't make sense to have this exception in the paid versions - but then this would mean that the position of the effects would be different between the free and paid versions, screwing with your muscle memory if you are upgrading from free to paid.

At this point we already have too many exceptions and complications. Plus, the effects are a visual thing - just click on 'Play All' to quickly locate the effect you want visually.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Effects Panel
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:38 am 

lol omg. It's all good. I am super ocd. I visualize everything in order, A to Z, 1 to 0, left to right, etc. From that my memory is strong.

Even if they are in the same spots, all of the time free or paid, at least for me, when I decide to go in and change that particular item, it's chaos to the eyes everytime.

You've come this far... look at how much has changed!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]